Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running up an empty main road near ours today. I approached one of those speed signs that judges the speed of oncoming cars and flashes either a green smiley face or a red angry face and then the speed - over or under 30mph.

So as I ran up to it, the green smiley face started flashing. I looked behind me - nothing. It had clocked MY speed. And then it flashed it up.

5mph.

😂 😂 😂

See people out on Strava doing 14+ mile runs when the guidelines say hours worth of exercise. People will be checking data like this and seeing how long people are out for and how far. Then'll theyll block the lot like Italy

I thought we had set a time, but we haven’t, the guidance is one activity ‘you would usually do’

There’s a canny few of us on here in running clubs so our normal is a fair bit different to other people’s.

I thought we had set a time, but we haven’t, the guidance is one activity ‘you would usually do’

There’s a canny few of us on here in running clubs so our normal is a fair bit different to other people’s.

Yeah, fair enough. Its not a swipe at anyone, just hope people aren't taking the mik thinking its a time to capitalize on other people not being able to run. Gain the advantage so to speak. I dont run for a club but do enjoy going out and I dont want it to be taken away.

Its ironic when you see people complaining or commenting on social media about how many people are out, while they are out, doing the same thing.

Yeah, fair enough. Its not a swipe at anyone, just hope people aren't taking the mik thinking its a time to capitalize on other people not being able to run. Gain the advantage so to speak. I dont run for a club but do enjoy going out and I dont want it to be taken away.

Its ironic when you see people complaining or commenting on social media about how many people are out, while they are out, doing the same thing.

Aye, I’ve been trying to find the sweet spot of not many people being about but haven’t managed, it’s bloody cyclists that are causing me the most grief to be honest, why you’d take to the path when the roads are this quiet is beyond me.

Aye, I’ve been trying to find the sweet spot of not many people being about but haven’t managed, it’s bloody cyclists that are causing me the most grief to be honest, why you’d take to the path when the roads are this quiet is beyond me.

Funny you should say that, I had this issue yesterday, he was on the deserted road, then bumped onto the path. This meant I had to go onto the road to safely pass him.

Mind, he was riding slow, Im not saying I was sprinting past a cyclist here haha.

Ok still, hope the government dont have to put in similar measures.

Indeed. Most of my speed & tempo sessions will fit into an hour if necessary but still need to get a decent long run in at least once a week. I go 1st thing when there's no-one about & on the rare occasions I do see someone I give them a very wide berth so I'm not causing a problem.

Indeed. Most of my speed & tempo sessions will fit into an hour if necessary but still need to get a decent long run in at least once a week. I go 1st thing when there's no-one about & on the rare occasions I do see someone I give them a very wide berth so I'm not causing a problem.

Good stuff, Im following a plan where its 3-5m and hills weekdays, long run Sunday. As I mentioned above I run for myself and do the usual 10ks Sunderland etc. So no pressure other than the pressure I put on myself if I miss a day.

Its sods law we've been "training" through record storms and gales and when lockdown comes in its been almost perfect conditions. However, I have found when Ive been out its been amazingly peaceful running alongside usually busy roads and there is just nothing.

Went out yesterday for my daily exercise, about a mile in I crossed the road to give the walkers a wide berth and keep the 2meters apart, right ankle went over on the curb and today I’ve got a massive ankle and can hardly put any weight on it, 2 weeks of nothing for me it seems

Went out for 1.5hrs today and must have ran past 10-20 people, mainly couples, at 2m+ distance. I don't think that's bad at all, especially compared to scenes on the tube today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back