Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been struggling to get out running the past few weeks, no motivation. Went out today to do at least an hour, managed to do a half marathon in 1:31:36. 6:59 average. I should have been doing Manchester marathon next Sunday :cry:

That’s unreal on your own lad! Understand you being gutted about not being able to race but once you can again you’re clearly in cracking shape.

Ran a sluggish 10 yesterday in 1:14:35....felt slow and unmotivated

I'm the same... Hard to motivate when we might not have any events to run this year

I don’t know what you lads do for a living, I’m WFH for the time being but there isn’t much work on for the minute so I’m looking at this like I’ve been given an opportunity to get paid to train, this will probably never happen again so while it is I’m going to grab it with both hands.

Snap, exactly the same time as me yesterday
Thought about trying to push on on numerous occasions but just couldn't get my mojo
I don’t know what you lads do for a living, I’m WFH for the time being but there isn’t much work on for the minute so I’m looking at this like I’ve been given an opportunity to get paid to train, this will probably never happen again so while it is I’m going to grab it with both hands.
I am WFH but have plenty to do and if I don't no one else does

10km in 53mins today for me. A very similar time to last week but it felt much, much harder today for some reason. Hard to describe but my legs just didn't feel right, almost hollow/empty but with no pain. Not really experienced that before, but pleased I managed to crack on and get an ok time for me, as I could have easily gave up after halfway.

I'm out four times a week at the moment, trying 80:20 training so most of it is just nice, long and leisurely with one fast 5k thrown in. Probably the most enjoyable training I've done.

Shame that I can't apply it to races at the moment, I was supposed to be doing the White Horse half marathon next weekend

Christ, that's some time if you're just starting again!
Been out for a few 3 milers but not much further.

I’m an alright runner and keep myself fit but mainly gym work. Although im missing the gym i am enjoying being in the fresh air.

Some of my mates are avid runners and they have ridiculous times.

One just battered out a half marathon yesterday in 1hr 26mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back