Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You a shields harrier?
That callum Johnson is a pro triathlete like. Pleased a local won, loved the emotion at the finish.
didnt realise he was a triathlete , i know couple of morpeth are , some achievement that

Just gotten over glute/hamstring pain in my left side when, tonight, I go and tumble and thud heavily into my arse on the right side. Pain in that side now, along with the mental anguish of doing it at about 5:15pm at a busy roundabout :cry:

Reactions: D.A
Just gotten over glute/hamstring pain in my left side when, tonight, I go and tumble and thud heavily into my arse on the right side. Pain in that side now, along with the mental anguish of doing it at about 5:15pm at a busy roundabout :cry:
It's the absolute worst.

tempted to miss my track session tonight. My lower back is giving me grief, feels like it's really close to going. Got a 20 miler this weekend too.

Sounds shite mate, hope you're on the mend v soon.

Did you get over the glute/hamstring problem fairly easily? Been having similar issue even though it seems OK when I've done a race or a session but not great for a few days after.

tempted to miss my track session tonight. My lower back is giving me grief, feels like it's really close to going. Got a 20 miler this weekend too.

If I’m feeling banged up like that I get my resistance bands out and do some core work rather than run on, lesson learned from last year and getting injured.

Sounds shite mate, hope you're on the mend v soon.

Did you get over the glute/hamstring problem fairly easily? Been having similar issue even though it seems OK when I've done a race or a session but not great for a few days after.
Tbh, I always have stiff glutes, hamstrings and calf’s. I just manage it as best I can with stretching, foam rolling, regular massage, ice, Pilates. It’s tedious but necessary. I do try and run a lot though.

Different things will work for different bodies but I always find the best stretch for hamstrings and glutes is to get into the arabesque (a ballet thing) position but then aim to touch opposite toe with opposite hand whilst keeping your leg in the arabesque pose. You’ll prob fall over the first time you do it but it’s worth persevering with

Tbh, I always have stiff glutes, hamstrings and calf’s. I just manage it as best I can with stretching, foam rolling, regular massage, ice, Pilates. It’s tedious but necessary. I do try and run a lot though.

Different things will work for different bodies but I always find the best stretch for hamstrings and glutes is to get into the arabesque (a ballet thing) position but then aim to touch opposite toe with opposite hand whilst keeping your leg in the arabesque pose. You’ll prob fall over the first time you do it but it’s worth persevering with

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I'll give the Arabesque stretch a go. I'll keep it consistent with the foam rolling etc.

Did 6k with the strollers beginners on Monday night, think it's the furthest I've ran without stopping in over 10 year. Felt like I could've ran a bit further too
Did you run through the subway at Essen way ? Was walking dog through when a load ran through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back