Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need to do a 20 miler a week on Sunday. Prefer it to be point to point. Guessing it’ll be close. My mate did Durham to the Tyne bridge the other day and that was about 14 mile I think.
A pleasant approx. 20 miler could be park at the Sol, run down to the bridge, down onto the riverside along to the Marina then all the way along the coast to South Shields then turn round and run the same route back to your car. Very pleasant run under reversible wind conditions.

Classic smb answer avoiding your clear requirements in opening post. :cool:

Reactions: D.A
Well I pulled a hamstring 2 mile into a 3m tempo, been 48 bouts now and it’s sore to the touch, no bruising thankfully so maybe a few more days of ice and rest and I will be good to go again

I used to find gmaps useful for measuring routes. It's a bit buggy these days but a decent alternative to MapMyRun.

How accurate is google maps?

I plan a 5km route out using google maps, the same exact route comes up as 4.88km on both mapometer and strava. Its not a huge difference but I wouldn't mind getting as accurate as possible, go with mapometer/strava?

Last edited:

I plan a 5km route out using google maps, the same exact route comes up as 4.88km on both mapometer and strava. Its not a huge difference but I wouldn't mind getting as close as possible, go with mapometer/strava?
I find mapometer is always pretty much bang on with my garmin watch. I have gps and glosnass enabled on my watch

I plan a 5km route out using google maps, the same exact route comes up as 4.88km on both mapometer and strava. Its not a huge difference but I wouldn't mind getting as accurate as possible, go with mapometer/strava?
Mate dont get hung up on small meaningless things, if you really want to run 5k, then run extra till the watch hits 5. 0.1 of a mile is only 160m. Just enjoy the run. In this day far too many people get hung up on gadgets, expensive shoes etc just go and have a run.

The joys of marathon training. Just finished having my tea now. Ten miles after the kids go to bed
well, my marathon is a month today so seems like an appropriate time to share my fundraising page. Any help for this fantastic charity that has helped my family would be appreciated.

cheers @D.A

Last edited:
What is the thoughts in fuel during a long run. Up to 15 miles and just been hoying jelly babies in my gob.

Pub last night and mate who has ran a marathon before, says I need gels as jelly babies wont cut it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back