Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got back from work today and ran late on which I've not done for ages. Runs are normally first thing, or around mid day.

Felt a bit peckish before hand and ate a mars bar which I've never done before. Ran 6 miles in 45.26 which was 2 minutes quicker than I've ever ran it. Felt great throughout and 2 minutes is a massive difference.

Anyway, did the chocolate, help? Or it could have been one of those runs where its just a good run.
Of course it'll help. Well done.

Seen that. A great response as you say.

Similar thing happened at the coastal run couple years ago. Guy had a heart attack and collapsed at 12 miles. The Morpeth Harrier who won the race was on his warm down when he collapsed. He then legged it back to the finish to get the defib then legged it back to 12 mile mark. At this point a Heaton harrier who is a doctor at RVI was in attendance and they revived the guy as the air ambulance touched down.

He made a full recovery and finished London marathon in 2:45 last year

I have just signed up for the coastal run. Last ran it in 2017 but always been away the last few years.

One of my faves!!

Anyone know of somewhere in Sunderland, or close by, where I can get someone to fit me some running shoes properly?

I need to buy a new pair when I get paid this week. Bought Current ones in 2013

Back to back 20 mile weeks for me, planning to maintain that for now and then starting adding 10% a week from March onwards, knee isn’t giving me any trouble so I don’t fancy pushing it for now, nice to be back at it though.

Ran my furthest distance on Saturday at Ullswater, have since been on a return trip to Chicago for two nights on the piss & could barely manage 2 miles this morning :lol: Got back yesterday, going to try again on Saturday..!

Back to back 20 mile weeks for me, planning to maintain that for now and then starting adding 10% a week from March onwards, knee isn’t giving me any trouble so I don’t fancy pushing it for now, nice to be back at it though.
sensible plan, add 10% every 4th week , if soreness back off for couple week. good luck

92.9 miles done for Jan. Tempting to go out tonight to hit 100 but gonna be sensible and rest till sundays long run.

Went out last night and my legs felt empty. Ran Tuesday, did muay thai wednesday then ran last night. Trying to find that right balance of dropping a decent amount of weight before my marathon and having enough fuel to feel like I'm improving my running.

Just under 241lbs this morning, would like to be as close to 230 as possible. 7 Weeks tomorrow.

92.9 miles done for Jan. Tempting to go out tonight to hit 100 but gonna be sensible and rest till sundays long run.

Went out last night and my legs felt empty. Ran Tuesday, did muay thai wednesday then ran last night. Trying to find that right balance of dropping a decent amount of weight before my marathon and having enough fuel to feel like I'm improving my running.

Just under 241lbs this morning, would like to be as close to 230 as possible. 7 Weeks tomorrow.
I find it hard to lose weight whilst marathon training, I tend to tone.

It can be a curse I find, losing weight, I am too low now for where I feel full of energy - by about half a stone.

I ran 50km last week in the lakes, and have since been to Chicago and back on the drink and tried twice to go out for runs on Thursday (2 miles) and today (8 miles) .I am probably going to do a 4-5mile quicker run tomorrow (Sunday). It was beautiful up Howick today mind, a very nice route about an hour and 15 mins from Sunderland for anyone who fancies getting out of the area.

Well done @D.A on Pendle way 1st place, just seen on Strava.

Same, by the beginning of my taper I've been told my face looks almost gaunt but my weight tends to stay pretty consistent. I've even been known to gain a pound or 2.
We're wrong, obviously @Fletch Is the marathon expert and thinks that's hilarious.
It can be a curse I find, losing weight, I am too low now for where I feel full of energy - by about half a stone.

I ran 50km last week in the lakes, and have since been to Chicago and back on the drink and tried twice to go out for runs on Thursday (2 miles) and today (8 miles) .I am probably going to do a 4-5mile quicker run tomorrow (Sunday). It was beautiful up Howick today mind, a very nice route about an hour and 15 mins from Sunderland for anyone who fancies getting out of the area.

Well done @D.A on Pendle way 1st place, just seen on Strava.
Thanks!

The bloke in the lead got lost and I caught him with a mile to go. I kicked and won!

We're wrong, obviously @Fletch Is the marathon expert and thinks that's hilarious.

Thanks!

The bloke in the lead got lost and I caught him with a mile to go. I kicked and won!
Well done on your race

the weight issue was no way a dig at anybody and you’re right in that what do I know , just my own opinion that some of the fast runners look like they’re at deaths door but then you never see a fat greyhound I guess

Well done on your race

the weight issue was no way a dig at anybody and you’re right in that what do I know , just my own opinion that some of the fast runners look like they’re at deaths door but then you never see a fat greyhound I guess
I'm just speaking from my experience

I find it hard to lose weight whilst marathon training, I tend to tone.
I'd be interested in what your diets are like? I've started looking at myFitnessPal against the calories burned on my Garman, and I know that its not exact science but most days I'm about 600 calories remaining, and when I did my 15 mile on Friday I had 2000 remaining. I'm not too worried as my weight seems steady but wonder if this is holding me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back