Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done today's run with Aly Dixon and Sarah Mcdonald. I was worried but I ended up setting the pace. Although Sarah is a European cross country relay champion, she was naff on the cliff path, was boggy af.

1,904.8 miles so far this year which is almost double last year. About half of that was during 1st lockdown though when I averaged 300 miles a month.

7.94 miles a day needed to get to 2000 miles for the year. Helps that I haven't had more than just a few niggles that I could carry by dropping the pace & very few races.

22 miles to go. 2x slow 9 Milers tonight & tomorrow & a 5k on NYE to put me over the top.

Right. Today’s the day I started my training plan to get me to 10k 👍👍👍

my maximum so far is 7k which takes me an hour. So this feels to me like a meaningful but wholly realistic target. Would love to do the Vitality London 10k if it happens in May. A friend told me the route is brilliant, basically the scenic bits of the marathon. So that’s my next target.

my maximum so far is 7k which takes me an hour. So this feels to me like a meaningful but wholly realistic target. Would love to do the Vitality London 10k if it happens in May. A friend told me the route is brilliant, basically the scenic bits of the marathon. So that’s my next target.

If you don’t have one there’s definitely couch to 10k apps, they’ll help you bridge the gap no bother!

I found using the website plote a route. Com useful to help me plan runs up to 10k.
Or just run for 5k in a direction away from home, then turn around a d head back.

Any know of a website where you can put in a target mileage to do over a period of time and then multiple people can log their mileage against it?

I am looking to set something up for a team of people at work. Wanted to set a challenge over the next 6 months but needed a decent website to use rather than do it all manually (would love one that showed how far we have gone on a map)

Any know of a website where you can put in a target mileage to do over a period of time and then multiple people can log their mileage against it?

I am looking to set something up for a team of people at work. Wanted to set a challenge over the next 6 months but needed a decent website to use rather than do it all manually (would love one that showed how far we have gone on a map)
I know strava does weekly mileage totals, not looked at any further details.

fetcheveryone has training logs you can register on and either record them manually or by garmin. They keep running totals though i don't think you can just do limit to a specific group. It's free too.

Just had an email from Runners Need to say they have a Ron Hill sale on & thought of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back