Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was thinking of these for the trails? Unless you recommend others for a similar price

Also got a tight as owt left calf, will one of those rollers sort it out along with a bit rest? Felt it getting tighter whilst out on a 5k earlier
Can you pop down to dalton Park? New Balance tend to have good deals on trails. I wasn't fussed on Asics like. Racebest10 for 10% discount if you get them.

A foam roller will help, as will stretching.

Can you pop down to dalton Park? New Balance tend to have good deals on trails. I wasn't fussed on Asics like. Racebest10 for 10% discount if you get them.

A foam roller will help, as will stretching.

Cheers Dan,

Aye I'll l have a dodge down and see what they've got in. Do we get discount with the strollers for new balance?

The roller I've got is canny firm with nodules on

Great to see that everyone is still cracking on with their running and hitting some fantastic times and distances. I'm very jealous! It's been since the spring that I got out for a proper run. God knows what I've done but my ankle has just not been right since then. I've tried three physios and nothing seems to be helping. Shite!

Great to see that everyone is still cracking on with their running and hitting some fantastic times and distances. I'm very jealous! It's been since the spring that I got out for a proper run. God knows what I've done but my ankle has just not been right since then. I've tried three physios and nothing seems to be helping. Shite!
That's crap :( Have none of the physios got any idea what's up?

So I did my first proper run today after not doing a one for about 6 months. I've sporadically ran for the last 10 years, but haven't had the motivation to stick to it.

Over the last 6 months, being a postie and doing long hours has normally took it out of me so I haven't felt the want or need to run afterwards, but had the energy tonight so decided to give it a go and did a 5k run.

In all honesty it was as good as I have felt physically since I was about 20.

Completed a quite hilly 5k in 19.10 which surprised the hell out of me.
If that isn't going to give me the motivation to continue it on I don't know what will.

So I did my first proper run today after not doing a one for about 6 months. I've sporadically ran for the last 10 years, but haven't had the motivation to stick to it.

Over the last 6 months, being a postie and doing long hours has normally took it out of me so I haven't felt the want or need to run afterwards, but had the energy tonight so decided to give it a go and did a 5k run.

In all honesty it was as good as I have felt physically since I was about 20.

Completed a quite hilly 5k in 19.10 which surprised the hell out of me.
If that isn't going to give me the motivation to continue it on I don't know what will.
Cracking effort that. I run often and would struggle to pull that out the bag with no training.

That's crap :( Have none of the physios got any idea what's up?

None of them could come up with anything clear, because it only really hurts when I try and run. But, as time has gone on the pain has come up increasingly at times of rest, especially on a morning. One thing that all the physios agreed on is that whatever is wrong just isn't getting the opportuntiy to heal even though it should be only a minor issue - but why that is they can't say. The diagnosis that I think fits most closely from one of the physios is peroneal tendonitis, but even that isn't definite because there's no swelling at all (and never has been).

It's getting to the point where if it's no better come early spring I'm going to try and get it looked at via the NHS, and failing that I'm just going to have to put up with it and find a way to exercise regardless, because I physically feel terrible at the minute because of being unable to exercise.

So what do people do to keep themselves fit when they get a running injury?

My injury is only slight and only hurts with heavy impact from running. I spent a few weeks doing nothing and felt like shit. I am currently trialling yoga and lifting weights and feeling better for doing something. Just wondering what else could be worth trying to keep me motivated?

Last edited:

My injury is only slight and only hurts with heavy impact from running. I spent a few weeks doing nothing and felt like shit. I am currently trialling yoga and lifting weights and feeling better for doing something. Just wondering what else could be worth trying to keep me motivated?
Loads of stuff you could do to be fair, but I like the rowing machines. If you go for it you can get a massive workout from them...quite comparable 5k & 10k times as well to running.

Depends on the injury but it will be a combination of weights & rowing machine, elliptical machine, cycling, yoga, pilates & aquarunning.

Biking, swimming, eating, wanking.

Loads of stuff you could do to be fair, but I like the rowing machines. If you go for it you can get a massive workout from them...quite comparable 5k & 10k times as well to running.
I have been looking into rowing machines but they’re a bit pricey atm for a good one so hoping Argos gets more stock next year. Loved using them as a warm up when I went to the gym
Depends on the injury but it will be a combination of weights & rowing machine, elliptical machine, cycling, yoga, pilates & aquarunning.

Enjoying the yoga and never thought I would and can finally touch my toes 😂. I might give pilates a go as it does look good. The injury is to the left side of my shin. I almost shook it off but got a bit carried away on my second run back into it and injured it again before it was fully healed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back