Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back home after some time away in Croatia, (on Friday to avoid quarantine!!). The heat out there was just too much, I had to stick to the treadmill in a gym but even there it was 24 degree. Not ideal as wanted to be doing higher mileage and long runs but holidays a holiday...

Got 6 weeks of training now before Coniston marathon. Going to go to the lakes again this weekend & try and get some long stuff in during next 4 weeks

I see it’s scheduled to be 100% pissing down tomorrow morning 😆

Last edited:
Back home after some time away in Croatia, (on Friday to avoid quarantine!!). The heat out there was just too much, I had to stick to the treadmill in a gym but even there it was 24 degree. Not ideal as wanted to be doing higher mileage and long runs but holidays a holiday...

Got 6 weeks of training now before Coniston marathon. Going to go to the lakes again this weekend & try and get some long stuff in during next 4 weeks

I see it’s scheduled to be 100% pissing down tomorrow morning 😆
Can confirm it was 100% pissing down especaially the last 10 minutes of my run just to make sure I was as wet as possible.

The heat and humidity over summer always slows me down, so instead of trying to fight it to get decent times on my routes I've been mixing it up and doing segment hunts on Strava. Running slower, then when I approach a point I know is a segment I've been sprinting it to get on the leaderboard lol. It's been enjoyable, something a bit different than what I usually do. When the colder weather returns I'll be back trying to get pacing my runs more evenly and going for PBs again.

I'm on day 4 of a running streak, and up to 3km. I did a couple of park runs earlier in the year but I've done very little since lockdown apart from work and eat too much.

3km today took me almost as long as my 5k pb from a few years back. :oops:

It should have been the gnr a week Sunday, so I want to start 2021 being able to run 10km comfortably in 50-55. Got to start somewhere. I still have doubts about events the size of the great north run happening next year though. I might as well use it as a target regardless. I was on a zoom call last month and someone said I look like fat Thor. :lol::(

Looking at Wooler Marathon now, looks really tough. Think i'll give it a go though.

It is. Spectacular views though.
I'm on day 4 of a running streak, and up to 3km. I did a couple of park runs earlier in the year but I've done very little since lockdown apart from work and eat too much.

3km today took me almost as long as my 5k pb from a few years back. :oops:

It should have been the gnr a week Sunday, so I want to start 2021 being able to run 10km comfortably in 50-55. Got to start somewhere. I still have doubts about events the size of the great north run happening next year though. I might as well use it as a target regardless. I was on a zoom call last month and someone said I look like fat Thor. :lol::(

I wouldn't be doing any run streaks after that sort of layoff. Alternate days for a month or so will allow your muscles & joints to recover better, particularly your joints.

Last edited:
See Park Run have announced they are starting again at the end of October.
Only in England. I know its 8 weeks away I am not sure how parkrun can be safe to go ahead when organised races arent.

My wife is run director at one that sometimes gets 500+ runners and I believe they cant put it on as the funnel at finish line cant be extended

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back