Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like it's turned into a playground. Just turn up.
What was it like before Coronavirus happened? When I was using it regularly last time I was running I’m sure you ‘had to pay’ after about 10am. It was literally about 50p. Does it get used by any groups? I think the harriers used to use it.

Think I’ll start using it again. Got 3 more runs left on C25K then will move onto a 10k plan or a 5k improver. I was always a fan of doing speed/interval sessions on track.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the SoL car parks are open? Now that we can drive places, was thinking about driving there then going for a run along the Riverside and along the coast
The roads near the metro on the industrial estate shoud be able to park, theres a path to the right of the station (if coming from the SOL) that goes down to the path.

Possibly a difficult one but can anyone recommend anywhere in Sunderland that would fit this description? ‘Continuous hills (approx 45 secs up/45 sec down’. Failing anything that specific, anywhere that is up and down for good hill running?

What was it like before Coronavirus happened? When I was using it regularly last time I was running I’m sure you ‘had to pay’ after about 10am. It was literally about 50p. Does it get used by any groups? I think the harriers used to use it.

Think I’ll start using it again. Got 3 more runs left on C25K then will move onto a 10k plan or a 5k improver. I was always a fan of doing speed/interval sessions on track.
Fine, no one ever pays. Tuesday and Thursday's are Sunlun harrier nights from 6PM or summit, they'll kick you off. Wednesday's strollers have it from 7PM I think, won't get kicked off.

Focus on getting the distance up before speed.
Possibly a difficult one but can anyone recommend anywhere in Sunderland that would fit this description? ‘Continuous hills (approx 45 secs up/45 sec down’. Failing anything that specific, anywhere that is up and down for good hill running?
Durham road.

10k in 50:31 today, a PB :D . In the last km I checked my watch and misread it, thinking that I was one minute slower than what I actually was but I didn't realise at the time - so I put my foot down thinking I needed to really push to get close to 51:20 (my previous best). Finished and checked my watch hoping for around 51:20-30 to then see the time! Can't figure out if I'm an absolute weapon or a genius. :lol:

Just managed to complete 5k for the first time since August. Looks like I've settled the problem with my knees and I'm starting to get back to where I want to be. Time was nowt flash - 27:45 - but I can improve on that. Just pleased to get round without needing a pause. Unusual for me to run in the evening as well, but it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. Normally a morning runner but might switch it up a bit more after that.

Ask me in the morning if I can still walk!

what are you planning on following to get upto 10k? I am a couple of weeks behind but I never planned on stopping at 5k. My target is to do the half marathon faster than I did the GNR 10 years ago (2hours 10mins) but I am a few stones heavier now so it's awhile away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back