Running Thread 2019

Join NEMAA. Plenty of meets in the summer season & I think there some indoor meets in the winter as well.
Got mixed thoughts on the NEMAA, fine if doing separate races but always seems bit of a con people getting medals when a few in their age category beat them but aren’t nemaa members , bit farcical

@D.A Is the aquatic pool open Sunday do you know ? Messaged them earlier but no reply

Last edited:
Got mixed thoughts on the NEMAA, fine if doing separate races but always seems bit of a con people getting medals when a few in their age category beat them but aren’t nemaa members , bit farcical

@D.A Is the aquatic pool open Sunday do you know ? Messaged them earlier but no reply
There’s a couple of good NEMAA only events, 10000 at Monkton and the XC in wallsend. Agree that the medal giving linked to various races is a bit shit. . . I never hang around for mine :)

There’s a couple of good NEMAA only events, 10000 at Monkton and the XC in wallsend. Agree that the medal giving linked to various races is a bit shit. . . I never hang around for mine :)
I’ve seen lads at the club come 8th in their age category but get a gold nemaa medal then post it on Facebook making out they were first in their age group :lol::lol:

all for the separate nemaa races mind and in theory it’s a good idea but for the reason above for me it lacks credibility

I’ve seen lads at the club come 8th in their age category but get a gold nemaa medal then
making out they were first in their age group :lol::lol:

all for the separate nemaa races mind and in theory it’s a good idea but for the reason above for me it lacks credibility
I know a few who do this too, shameless :)

I know one fella who goes to the summer track meets and enters events like the long jump where there’ll be two people in his category just for the medal:)

somebody collected a medal for me from Town Moor recently, went straight in the bin

Should be. Check fb, normally updates

Sciatic pain has came back a little recently, seems to happen around 8-9 miles in pretty consistently now. Pushed through to 18 last week but felt it all week and stopped at 9 today - going to spend the week stretching and hopefully get a good long run next week.

Hadn't realised this. I thought the events were only open to NEMAA members.

Left foot completely fucked after GNR. Tried to wait it out but eventually went to physio and only now pretty much back to normal. 2 months of it feeling like someone had ran over it with a car.

Funnily enough I also knacked my left foot during the GNR. A few weeks on crutches.

Tried to ease back in a couple of weeks ago with a 5k...blowing out my arse and 3/4 mins slower than the usual. Everyone says the stamina does come back far more quickly than it takes to build up initially.

Funnily enough I also knacked my left foot during the GNR. A few weeks on crutches.

Tried to ease back in a couple of weeks ago with a 5k...blowing out my arse and 3/4 mins slower than the usual. Everyone says the stamina does come back far more quickly than it takes to build up initially.

I knacked my hip at GNR & have been back running for a month. The distance is back but the speed is still a way off.

Back