Running Thread 2019

@D.A do you know if you can set up the better Garmin's to have varying intervals? I'm asking you cause I know you have a Fenix 5 but if anyone can answer then great.

Last night I did 1200, 1000, 800, 600, 400m intervals with a 200m walk inbetween but I couldn't set up my Garmin do to this, I just had to press the lap button when I gone roughly the distance.

Yes
Club gets allocated 4 spots.

I've been fortunate to get one. I've also been fortunate in the ballot.
Have you seen Trail outlaws are doing a duathalon round kielder? I can see it on the website, but not sure if it is public knowledge yet or not

@D.A do you know if you can set up the better Garmin's to have varying intervals? I'm asking you cause I know you have a Fenix 5 but if anyone can answer then great.

Last night I did 1200, 1000, 800, 600, 400m intervals with a 200m walk inbetween but I couldn't set up my Garmin do to this, I just had to press the lap button when I gone roughly the distance.
you doing this on track or on roads ? if on roads you could always convert it to minute efforts ? i.e 5min/4min/3min/2min etc all with 90sec recoveries ? - sorry i know that doesnt answer your query though, ive only got the very basic garmin

you doing this on track or on roads ? if on roads you could always convert it to minute efforts ? i.e 5min/4min/3min/2min etc all with 90sec recoveries ? - sorry i know that doesnt answer your query though, ive only got the very basic garmin
track. Trying to follow a set program

I think it can be done but the easiest way is to log into Garmin on a laptop/PC and set it up that way.

Trying to do it via the app or your watch itself is a nightmare.

Just got that from one of the lads in my club last week when I asked the same question.

I've never bothered. I either just remember the session or write it down. The gps isn't accurate on the track.
Have you seen Trail outlaws are doing a duathalon round kielder? I can see it on the website, but not sure if it is public knowledge yet or not
I've not. I don't have an appropriate bike. Are you sure it's trail outlaws?

I've never bothered. I either just remember the session or write it down. The gps isn't accurate on the track.

I've not. I don't have an appropriate bike. Are you sure it's trail outlaws?
Yeah it is. Run, bike then run again. Website is just being sorted ready for entries. May next year, get a bike borrowed ;)

Signed up for the Edinburgh marathon 😲

Just need to try and slow myself down more. Being trying to do slow runs and failing. Did 10 miles slowly today and did it it 1.31.05 and wasnt out of breath at the end. Just worried I go 'to quick' and pay for it later on.

Have my own training plan created as have to rest at least 2 days between runs with my injuries always playing up whenever i try and do more.

Aiming for 4 hours 45.

Signed up for the Edinburgh marathon 😲

Just need to try and slow myself down more. Being trying to do slow runs and failing. Did 10 miles slowly today and did it it 1.31.05 and wasnt out of breath at the end. Just worried I go 'to quick' and pay for it later on.

Have my own training plan created as have to rest at least 2 days between runs with my injuries always playing up whenever i try and do more.

Aiming for 4 hours 45.
Why slow down? It doesn't get any easier, you just get quicker.

@D.A We’re you running on the grass banks that go round the track bout half8 sat morn ? Saw two lads running round pre park run , looked like proper runners , thought one was maybe yourself

@D.A We’re you running on the grass banks that go round the track bout half8 sat morn ? Saw two lads running round pre park run , looked like proper runners , thought one was maybe yourself
Me and John cook done 2 miles before park run about 8:40am, but ran from the carpark to the bottom of the park run bank and back. Wouldn't have been me as I'm not a proper runner.

Back