Running Thread 2019

10k in 52:40 yesterday which I was pleased with. Way behind my PB of 51:38 from a few years ago, although I now feel like a much better runner as I was back then (if that makes sense??) Hoping to get back to under 52mins for 10k in preperation for a sub-2 hour half marathon which is my ultimate goal.

I'm hoping to add some interval training to my schedule as well, which I've never done before. Went out today without a real goal, just pottering around the running track to get used to consecutive days of exercise.

I'm thinking about joining the running club down here. I'm a bit nervous though, I'm fairly crap and don't want to feel out of place around any super runners.

Those sorts of times will put you in the middle of the pack in most running clubs & you;ll probably see an improvement pretty quickly just from training in a group. No matter how hard I try if I do a training session on my own I can never quite match the paces I do club sessions at.

Just started this week at 31 years old. Two 5k’s under the belt so far :oops:

That's 2 more than the people who were sat on the couch marra. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
No matter how hard I try if I do a training session on my own I can never quite match the paces I do club sessions at.
Certainly mentally tougher to train on own as easy to slack off if it’s getting too hard :lol:, then again though likes of the track isn’t for everyone and some can’t commit to club times sessions , often see Aly Dixon training on own , just needs more discipline suppose

Certainly mentally tougher to train on own as easy to slack off if it’s getting too hard :lol:, then again though likes of the track isn’t for everyone and some can’t commit to club times sessions , often see Aly Dixon training on own , just needs more discipline suppose

In fairness she's so quick she'd be pretty much training on her own even at a club sesh. ;)

FFS! I've just caved in & checked the weather forecast for Edinburgh & East Lothian for Sunday & it looks like I'm going to be running most of the last 8 miles of the Marathon into a 15mph headwind with gusts up to 29mph. Like the last 8 miles isn't tough enough. :(

Back