Running Thread 2019

No chance dan, I beat the bloke no more than 6 month ago and now he is over a minute faster than me

6 months is a long time in running. Anyone looking at my parkrun times in February, June or October would be amazed at the difference if they looked again in May, September & January. There can often be as much as 5 mins difference between them.

Does anyone follow Pete kostelnick on Strava? He’s just made me feel like a bitch. Over 120 mile run at 8.35 min miles

6 months is a long time in running. Anyone looking at my parkrun times in February, June or October would be amazed at the difference if they looked again in May, September & January. There can often be as much as 5 mins difference between them.
I know people have different times and can improve, I talking about people I have been racing for 3-4 years and they suddenly get a massive pb from nowhere, I’m talking about people who run constantly 19mins in races then suddenly take 45 seconds off in them zooms, but then can not reproduce that when they are not wearing the same trainers, any bows like I said I will never know as I cannot afford 210 snots for a pair of trainers

I know people have different times and can improve, I talking about people I have been racing for 3-4 years and they suddenly get a massive pb from nowhere, I’m talking about people who run constantly 19mins in races then suddenly take 45 seconds off in them zooms, but then can not reproduce that when they are not wearing the same trainers, any bows like I said I will never know as I cannot afford 210 snots for a pair of trainers

Having read up about the shoe (and admittedly knowing basically fuck all) I wouldn't risk wearing them unless I was an elite runner and knew what I was doing. They're packed with foam, even more than usual running shoes. If you don't have great form I imagine they'll not be doing the wearer's joints any good.

Again, I know nothing like so this might be wrong!

Ran the Sunderland 10k yesterday managed to get 57 minutes 52 seconds and a new PB

My previous best 10k time was just over 59 minutes half way through training. And my official best time was 1 hour 7 mins(in 2014) and last year I ran the gates head 10k in 1 hour 20 minutes. So I'm well chuffed with that.

My training took a but if a bit because I lost all motivation about 3 weeks ago and had been ill a couple of times.

Ran the Sunderland 10k yesterday managed to get 57 minutes 52 seconds and a new PB

My previous best 10k time was just over 59 minutes half way through training. And my official best time was 1 hour 7 mins(in 2014) and last year I ran the gates head 10k in 1 hour 20 minutes. So I'm well chuffed with that.

My training took a but if a bit because I lost all motivation about 3 weeks ago and had been ill a couple of times.
Great stuff, well done. I PB'd yesterday also (by 30 seconds, only previous race was last year's Sunderland 10K), which was a massive surprise as I thought my training had been awful and the race felt like a slog, but I guess the occasion dragged me along quicker than I thought it would. A nice motivator to keep improving.

Gutted I couldn't do the Sunderland 10k yesterday due to work, first one I've missed in 5 years (I normally alternate between the 10k and half marathon). Hopefully I will be able to do next year's. Well done to everyone who did it

Signed on with Elvet Striders this evening, been looking for a club in Durham as I’m moving in with my other half shortly over that way and feel like I’ve more or less done all I can alone, any members in here?

Did 170 miles on my bike over 3 days so no running this weekend, gonna give my legs a rest then do a 5k weds or Thursday, 22 mile Sunday, then probably a short run thru next week before the marathon.

Signed on with Elvet Striders this evening, been looking for a club in Durham as I’m moving in with my other half shortly over that way and feel like I’ve more or less done all I can alone, any members in here?
Not me mate, I’m Consett based but know a fair few striders. All decent folk. . . They’ll rope you into cross country no doubt :)

Hope it goes well

Not me mate, I’m Consett based but know a fair few striders. All decent folk. . . They’ll rope you into cross country no doubt :)

Hope it goes well

I loved it when I was younger but I expect I’ve got a long way to go to make any sort of standard. It’ll be the first team I’ve been in a team environment since I packed Sunday league in about 8 years ago so I’m looking forward to getting started.

Not me, I've heard some bizarre things about club politics, but if you're going to run, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Not me, I've heard some bizarre things about club politics, but if you're going to run, I'm sure it'll be fine.

They seem to have a canny variety of training runs going (I presume this is the case at most clubs) but it’ll keep me entertained.

I’d heard there were fallings out a few years ago due to accusations of theft from club funds. Also heard rumours of affairs. Think this is all standard stuff for running clubs though :D

Excellent, I’ve got enough on my plate with one woman! :D

supplement work - what do you all do?

I try run 3 times a week but feel like I need to add some supplement work to improve my running. Thinking core and posterior chain need strengthening.

supplement work - what do you all do?

I try run 3 times a week but feel like I need to add some supplement work to improve my running. Thinking core and posterior chain need strengthening.
Yoga/Pilates

38:41 at Clive cookson 10km tonight. Fastest time for 3 years, my pb is 38:40 from the same race in 2016. :lol::lol:

Yoga/Pilates

38:41 at Clive cookson 10km tonight. Fastest time for 3 years, my pb is 38:40 from the same race in 2016. :lol::lol:
Which is 4 minutes quicker than March @myleftfoot1978

Last edited:
Yoga/Pilates

I Marshalled the Clive Cookson. Was a fast race. Last place was in 1hr 10.

I do like the tshirts, velvet underground following last year's joy division

Yoga/Pilates

Class run that @D.A well done, it’s still not faster than your pb though, that’s the point I was trying to get at people are setting pbs in them shoes, anyhow well done mate that is a brilliant time

Last edited:

Back