Running Thread 2019

The half and 10km course is an out and back to south shields. Not sure of the marathon.

It's not a race as such, but to raise money for charity.
Cheers.

Just signed up to an ultra 22nd February, endurance life Northumberland - very flat along the coast & beach. I really liked the look of the Grizedale Trail marathon in the lakes on Feb 2nd but it's full as are the smaller runs, I had no idea things get booked so far in advance.

Can't book any further ahead of time now as beginning of March is when I should be relocating to USA.
My training starts when I am back from a work trip to America in the middle of November, 3 full months to get it right this time round.
Easy 10 miles tonight - although my hip and knee started to hurt after 8 which is a bit worrying as they did they last long run I did too

Last edited:
Cheers.

Just signed up to an ultra 22nd February, endurance life Northumberland - very flat along the coast & beach. I really liked the look of the Grizedale Trail marathon in the lakes on Feb 2nd but it's full as are the smaller runs, I had no idea things get booked so far in advance.

Can't book any further ahead of time now as beginning of March is when I should be relocating to USA.
My training starts when I am back from a work trip to America in the middle of November, 3 full months to get it right this time round.
Easy 10 miles tonight - although my hip and knee started to hurt after 8 which is a bit worrying as they did they last long run I did too
I'm doing pendle way in a day at the start of Feb.

The course routes have been updated on the strollers website.

I'm doing pendle way in a day at the start of Feb.

The course routes have been updated on the strollers website.
Full as well :mad: Need to get with the programme.

I'll do one of the Strollers charity distances, probably the half. Will sort tomorrow. Also interested in the Pooley Bridge to Ambleside recce on strollers website when details are released for that

Last edited:
Anyone done one of these Saturn loop runs? Doing one on Sunday and the loop is 3.28 miles. My program has me running 14 miles next week which is 4.25ish times round.

i take it their timing is at the start/finish and if I walk the rest of that lap it’ll give me a shit(er) average time? Not sure I want to get ahead of my program and run the full lap

Anyone done one of these Saturn loop runs? Doing one on Sunday and the loop is 3.28 miles. My program has me running 14 miles next week which is 4.25ish times round.

i take it their timing is at the start/finish and if I walk the rest of that lap it’ll give me a shit(er) average time? Not sure I want to get ahead of my program and run the full lap
Don't enter. Seems pointless

Entry for this years Doorstep Runs is now open.

Entry for each run is £20. Last year we raised almost £3000 for our nominated charities, it would be great to smash that total this year.

We're already off to a great start thanks to our very generous 13 t-shirt sponsors.

As always we'll need some marshals to guide the runners and man the water station at Gypsy's Green so if you can help out please volunteer.

Hope to see as many as you as possible on the day.

Shame I've got a club target race booked that day or I'd have done it. Posted link to our facebook group in case anyone at HBRH fancies it isn't racing.

Last edited:
Is it just me or when you are out running are other pedestrians just morons? Countless times I'm running on the path and you come up to a bunch of people (mostly youngins) walking like 3 or 4 across and none of them ever move aside to let you past, been out running tonight round near Seaton Carew where I work and loads of groups of people just hogging the paths so I had to go into the road or into mud, very annoying. More often than not there's one comedian who shouts something like 'Run Forrest Run' when you go past.

Is it just me or when you are out running are other pedestrians just morons? Countless times I'm running on the path and you come up to a bunch of people (mostly youngins) walking like 3 or 4 across and none of them ever move aside to let you past, been out running tonight round near Seaton Carew where I work and loads of groups of people just hogging the paths so I had to go into the road or into mud, very annoying. More often than not there's one comedian who shouts something like 'Run Forrest Run' when you go past.
Yep all the time, one of my main running routes takes me through Jesmond, you can imagine how dense some of the students are.

As I wear compression socks which go up to my knee, I get regular piss taking on the street.

Mouth breathing morons mate, we’ll outlive them all!

I get this all the time too, terrible patter

Lovely fresh morning today, bit of frost about. They cancelled park run but most people did it anyway. I did it as part of a comfortable 12 miles.

Back