Running Thread 2019

Me and John cook done 2 miles before park run about 8:40am, but ran from the carpark to the bottom of the park run bank and back. Wouldn't have been me as I'm not a proper runner.

Haway now, you can’t be knocking out regular sub 20 5ks and saying you’re not a proper runner!

Me and John cook done 2 miles before park run about 8:40am, but ran from the carpark to the bottom of the park run bank and back. Wouldn't have been me as I'm not a proper runner.
Far better than me , I was walking the dog , must have been harriers

Been looking at marathons & ultras to do before the years end but nothing really appeals. The only ones I can do through availability are 6 hour sessions where you can do as little or much as you like, there’s one at York university which is the most realistic but I just don’t know / doubt I will enjoy It...has anyone done something like that before?

I wanted to do the Hardmoors 30 on New Year’s Day but sold out as is the one after it, I’ve emailed them anyway and said I will do it if someone drops out, here’s hoping 🤞

Soooo, I think I’m going to do the Northumberland coastal ultra by endurance life in February. 35 miles out of Alnwick and along the beach.

In the meantime Im back to doing long runs. 10 mile on Monday and a half on Wednesday last week, parkrun on Saturday.

I’m going to do 10 or 11 tomorrow before work I think, and after next week my weekends are free to get long runs in then instead of during the week.

ten miles last night. Pace still seems slow. Think I'll run a HM before the 16 week program is meant to start and get more accruate training times.

ten miles last night. Pace still seems slow. Think I'll run a HM before the 16 week program is meant to start and get more accruate training times.
I revaluated my target times on the book when training for the GNR for the same reason. Was initially training towards a 1:40 HM, switched to a 1:35 and then did a 1:32 on the day.

I revaluated my target times on the book when training for the GNR for the same reason. Was initially training towards a 1:40 HM, switched to a 1:35 and then did a 1:32 on the day.
I had a fair amount of time off over the summer so just guessed at a time i'd be able to do a half marathon in based on my HM in May. I finished my 10 miles last night at nearly 2 minutes a mile faster than the pace i was meant to stick to for the final mile. 16 weeks till my run and the real start of the plan on December 2nd

It's amazing how a change in running shoes can improve your performance. I just bought a pair of Saucony last week and I'm instantly 1 minute quicker on my usual 6 mile run

Back