Running Thread 2019

Well done mate! To beat your target in your first is no easy feat! I was going for sub 4 last time and my legs just blew up.

Sub 4 still the ultimate aim, but need a quieter build up and to lose a stone or so as well. Niggly injuries, promotion at work and accepting them as valid excuses meant I felt way underprepared. But mentally on the day I felt so much better than last time.

Was a good day with decent crowds like
Do we know each other?

My mate was looking for sub 4, had a promotion at work and ran 4.10!

If it's you then your Sunderland Half last year was 1.41

Last edited:

I'm fat and I manage ultras.
You’re a lot younger though dan, I’m 41 next month and it puts far too much pressure on my joints. Need to get to about 180lbs I think.

Gonna ease back on the running for a month or so, do some strength work and sort my diet out, get a stag do out the way then set myself a new running plan for july.

You’re a lot younger though dan, I’m 41 next month and it puts far too much pressure on my joints. Need to get to about 180lbs I think.

Gonna ease back on the running for a month or so, do some strength work and sort my diet out, get a stag do out the way then set myself a new running plan for july.
Most ultras are on trails so to me the impact is a bit less demanding. If you want a chat later, you know where I am. The strollers do an ultra in November.

5 months enough time to jump from half to full marathon? Tempted by the Yorkshire marathon in October
Definitely.
Although start afresh on a plan. Don't just think, ah well I can continue running 13 mile up until you hit the 13 mile on your plan.

Go right down to low numbers again.

York seems good, the Mrs is running it as her first marathon too

Might go for it, just training can be a bit sporadic, got a lot going on atm.

Pell did his first on Sunday and he’s looking at this one too, must have the bug

How long do you normally rest after a long run? I’m reading 2 weeks then 2 weeks light training, would it be ok to start some strength work after a week?

How long do you normally rest after a long run? I’m reading 2 weeks then 2 weeks light training, would it be ok to start some strength work after a week?
I go off feel. Sometimes a couple of days, some times a bit longer. But I would do swimming or biking too.

I go off feel. Sometimes a couple of days, some times a bit longer. But I would do swimming or biking too.
Been swimming a few times and gonna try bike home from work next week, bike is still there from coast and castles bike ride a few weeks ago. One of my big tie nails is coming off I think, just squeezed loads of gunk out of it. :-O

Registered for the Lakeland Trails 22km on 29/06. My first ever race entry :) Anyone else going?

I was down the lakes on Saturday and got 19 miles running around & up the hills at Ullswater. My speed doesn't seem to be improving to much but I am getting much fitter !

Which one is it? Lakeland trails are all great runs.
It’s on 29/06 , there’s a 100km, 55km, 22km and 14km

The two longest ones are both full and the others close registration today. I was going to dive in and do the 55km ultra but got the closed message - possibly for the best at this stage haha

53;38 10k tonight, it'll be a few seconds less because I use phone for GPS and was wearing a bag that needed strapping up after I put the phone in, but it's still a PR since I started running again after a 4 year absence. Love the beginner progress!!:) Felt so good in the middle knowing I was on for a good time. 68.8km for June so far, I'm 9000th in the Strava June challenge :)

Back