Running Thread 2019

Discussion in 'Diet and Exercise' started by D.A, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Joe Public

Joe Public Striker

I ran through the runners at both start and finish line, Garydon was marshalling.

2. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

Steady 10k with the Elvet Striders this evening, felt like I had a lot left in the tank too which is a nice feeling to have all things considered!

D.A likes this.
  3. S3RGIO33

S3RGIO33 Full Back

Just started this week at 31 years old. Two 5k’s under the belt so far :oops:

4. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

Nothing at all to be embarrassed about there mate, that’s a good chunk further than I could manage starting out.

S3RGIO33 likes this.
  5. Those sorts of times will put you in the middle of the pack in most running clubs & you;ll probably see an improvement pretty quickly just from training in a group. No matter how hard I try if I do a training session on my own I can never quite match the paces I do club sessions at.

That's 2 more than the people who were sat on the couch marra. Keep up the good work.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  6. D.A

D.A Striker

I was second SMBer at the roseberry romp fell race tonight. Great race.

7. Fletch

Fletch Striker

Certainly mentally tougher to train on own as easy to slack off if it’s getting too hard :lol:, then again though likes of the track isn’t for everyone and some can’t commit to club times sessions , often see Aly Dixon training on own , just needs more discipline suppose

8. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

@MagicRat first?

9. In fairness she's so quick she'd be pretty much training on her own even at a club sesh. ;)

10. D.A

D.A Striker

11. The Butcher

The Butcher Winger

Not quite, the other Harrier who beat me might be on here! Crackin race tho, killer climbs.

Fletch likes this.
  12. Fletch

Fletch Striker

Well done mate , whose the harrier AK ? Struggling to think whose into the footy

13. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

Charity 5k at work this afters, finished it in 23:45 which is a new PB.

A minute faster that my previous best this year and 2 minutes 15 seconds better than my fastest last year.

Buzzing with my progress and surprised by how comfortable I felt.

Sub 23 is the next target to aim for.

14. FFS! I've just caved in & checked the weather forecast for Edinburgh & East Lothian for Sunday & it looks like I'm going to be running most of the last 8 miles of the Marathon into a 15mph headwind with gusts up to 29mph. Like the last 8 miles isn't tough enough. :(

Connery73 likes this.
  15. I never started running until I was about 34, all because I packed in playing football and needed not to get fat

The Butcher likes this.
  16. oROSSo

oROSSo Striker Staff Member

may have overdone the pints last night before this run

17. Fletch

Fletch Striker

Rod Dixon quote “ all I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal “ this should be the ethos all athletes aspire to IMO @D.A

MagicRat likes this.
  18. D.A

D.A Striker

Pretty much my lifestyle.

19. Fletch

Fletch Striker

Legend :cool:

D.A and Mariner Mackem like this.
  20. MagicRat

MagicRat Midfield

I can do the train bit but I’m quite poor at the beer :)

Second day this year without running, other Wembley trip being the first

praha12 likes this.