Running Thread 2019

I would buy 2 of them and be 8% faster.
well studies have shown anything from 1.8-6 percent gain on peoples times, I will just say 4% of my pb best would be would take 44.5 seconds of taking me to a 17.45pb and that's around what people I know who are usuing them are taking off there times, anyhows I will never know as I don't have 200 knicker to spend on trainers, has anyone read up on them as I have and it defiantly is knocking them times off

Last edited:

if you stay injury free , consistent, put in the work , recover correctly , bit of luck and patient you can make great gains within 6 months
Oh I agree mate, I’ve had a good 12 weeks and was going to go for a pb at the Sunderland 10k until I got a cold yesterday, now it will have to wait until bamburgh when I can have a good go at it

Turn up and have a go you may suprise yourself ? Bamburgh not be a pb course . Try the ability 5k next thurs at silky -very fast route if not windy (although we play Portsmouth that night also )

That was bloody hot. Watch said 46 minutes 2 seconds. Finish line said 46 minutes 26 seconds.

Really hope the official time has 45 minutes in it. Couldn't even walk without pain back in December and only started running again February.

Really like the course and hope injury permitting it's the half next year

That was bloody hot. Watch said 46 minutes 2 seconds. Finish line said 46 minutes 26 seconds.

Really hope the official time has 45 minutes in it. Couldn't even walk without pain back in December and only started running again February.

Really like the course and hope injury permitting it's the half next year
You must have finished around the same time as me. I didn't feel I'd run at the right pace and struggled over the last 2k but was pleasantly surprised with my time, just under 46. Air was still and it felt warm I agree. Can't say I enjoyed the running itself but still good fun overall.

As an aside Charlie Methven started just ahead of me and finished just behind :).

You must have finished around the same time as me. I didn't feel I'd run at the right pace and struggled over the last 2k but was pleasantly surprised with my time, just under 46. Air was still and it felt warm I agree. Can't say I enjoyed the running itself but still good fun overall.

As an aside Charlie Methven started just ahead of me and finished just behind :).
Its the start which annoys me. Seems to take an age before you can get past people and get into a decent pace.

Watch said after the second mile i was average of 6 minutes 46. I almost shit myself and slowed down :lol:

At the end of the bank past the glass centre a bloke looked over at me and said 'f***ing hell, thank fuck that's done'

Guess I lost a second or two laughing.

45 minutes 58 seconds. Get in ya bastard

Last edited:
Trail outlaws 10m done. Canny tough route and rather warm. Disappointed with my time but loads of traffic made for lots of walking and waiting stand still at some points

I did a few of the trail outlaw events last year, they are well organised but because of their nature they often go into fields with gates etc so they aren’t great for fast times. 10 miles in your legs is decent though, any more planned?

I did a few of the trail outlaw events last year, they are well organised but because of their nature they often go into fields with gates etc so they aren’t great for fast times. 10 miles in your legs is decent though, any more planned?
Not trail but I have Liverpool rock n roll HM in two weeks. Apparently the lad who won today did it in 62 minutes :eek:

I have to say it was very well organised mind, as you say, just the nature of the event and route.

I’m looking forward to get back in my proper running shoes, them trail shoes are brick hard

Last edited:
13.5k this morning but very slow. 50k for the week, which I'm pleased with in 3rd week but my body is aching...have a few days away with work this week so taking it as a rest and will probably do 15-20k.

I'm finding it hard to run plus do the weight training on off days.

Not trail but I have Liverpool rock n roll HM in two weeks. Apparently the lad who won today did it in 62 minutes :eek:

I have to say it was very well organised mind, as you say, just the nature of the event and route.

I’m looking forward to get back in my proper running shoes, them trail shoes are brick hard

There’s usually big numbers of Washington running club involved and they’ve got some decent lads amongst them. Pretty sure one of them ran the Penshaw HM in sub 1:20 last year which is stupidly impressive for the route.

They do the Kielder dark skies stuff which I really fancy as well.

Well done to those running in Sunderland today, hope you got what you wanted.

I ticked off a little goal myself, sub 16 5000. 15.54 at the north east counties track race in Boro today. It’s an unforgiving distance :)

Impressive! More in the tank or absolute maximum?

There’s usually big numbers of Washington running club involved and they’ve got some decent lads amongst them. Pretty sure one of them ran the Penshaw HM in sub 1:20 last year which is stupidly impressive for the route.

They do the Kielder dark skies stuff which I really fancy as well.

Impressive! More in the tank or absolute maximum?
I’m gonna try get a Kielder dark skies place. Booked digs the other day

Back