Running Thread 2019

I find my bones and joints aren't ready for a run on an early morning. Lack of food doesn't bother me, I can probably do 16 miles before struggling.

Went to see him today.

Clicked all my back and put me straight. My tibia and fibula in both legs were out. My ankles were out. Loads of knots in my calf. Popped them with needles and an extremely deep tissue massage after. Then he done my neck and shoulders.
It could be that tbh, I just know I found it a slog. Like I was running through mud, no bounce or energy.

Not since the c2c years ago but never for running, they were rank then.
I used the SIS orange ones in my half marathons last year. They’re not delicious but they’re not bad, they’re down in two seconds. Heard some people say their stomachs don’t agree with them though, thankfully I was fine with them

Last edited:
I find my bones and joints aren't ready for a run on an early morning. Lack of food doesn't bother me, I can probably do 16 miles before struggling.

Went to see him today.

Clicked all my back and put me straight. My tibia and fibula in both legs were out. My ankles were out. Loads of knots in my calf. Popped them with needles and an extremely deep tissue massage after. Then he done my neck and shoulders.
How much does that cost?

It could be that tbh, I just know I found it a slog. Like I was running through mud, no bounce or energy.

I used the SIS orange ones in my half marathons last year. They’re not delicious but they’re not bad, they’re down in two seconds. Heard some people say their stomachs don’t agree with them though, thankfully I was fine with them
I don't mind the SIS ones. I normally go out first thing without eating anything and don't bother if it's anything less than 10k. Even after that it's probably more of a mental thing.
Could have done with something this morning though.:lol: Wind kept me awake most of the night so went out at 5.30am. Only a 5k but seemed to be gusting in my face on all the uphill bits and never seemed to have it at my back.

Last edited:
How much does that cost?

I don't mind the SIS ones. I normally go out first thing without eating anything and don't bother if it's anything less than 10k. Even after that it's probably more of a mental thing.
Could have done with something this morning though.:lol: Wind kept me awake most of the night so went out at 5.30am. Only a 5k but seemed to be gusting in my face on all the uphill bits and never seemed to have it at my back.
Yer I don’t bother with water or gels below 10k. Half marathon I thing I had one at 5 miles then again at 9, like you I think it’s a mental thing cause as soon as they’re down my neck and get a second wind. Still, I’m burning around 1200 cals an hour running at my size so they can’t hurt!

I took a hydration supplement called Totum Sport at the Sunderland half a few years back, for me it's the best thing out there and it's totally banished my cramps and DOMS which I suffered from. Great for getting me through runs/half marathons and they've helped me acheive multiple PB's. They're normally £18 + 4 quid delivery for 10 sachets but they're doing £10 + free delivery with it being hydration week. Never seen them this cheap so got the mrs and a few family members to order me some boxes :lol:

www.totumsport.com

code i used was hydration10

Not since the c2c years ago but never for running, they were rank then.
I use iso gels. They're like a drink. If you pm me your address I'll drop one off, I think you're in South shields?

How much does that cost?

25 quid

Dani Jackson #BEAUTYANDTHEGUT on Instagram: “For the last few months -maybe almost even a year now I’ve been struggling in pain with my left hamstring. Every time I was doing yoga my…”

Last edited:

Went to see him today.

How often do you go?

Or do you just book a appointment when something doesn't feel right?

Don't know whether it is worth just going every 6 months or so just to check make sure everything is in place.

Monthly just about.
I sent him a message on messenger bout month back and never got a reply .. must be blocked :lol: Came off Facebook while back but pretty certain messenger should still work . May try again Monday as I’m sure my back and pelvis are not right

I sent him a message on messenger bout month back and never got a reply .. must be blocked :lol: Came off Facebook while back but pretty certain messenger should still work . May try again Monday as I’m sure my back and pelvis are not right
Text him.

Just done a half marathon, pretty slow but furthest I’ve ever ran in training.

Cheers, you don’t need to give me owt free tho mate, a link to the ones you mean will do and illl give them a go, definitely need to be fuelling now cos had nothing left after today’s run.

Last edited:
When I hear people going on about alignment and stuff I always hear “bullshit”. Probably too negative but it always sounds like snake oil to me.

Think I need a good physio though, my recovery times are shit and I’m missing a lot of runs midweek. I can’t do acupuncture as it’s not allowed if you’re a blood donor, and not sure I’m convinced on the science behind it either.

First road race of the season this morning at a blustery Thirsk. 10 mile pb in 55:05
Just done a half marathon, pretty slow but furthest I’ve ever ran in training.

Cheers, you don’t need to give me owt free tho mate, a link to the ones you mean will do and illl give them a go, definitely need to be fuelling now cos had nothing left after today’s run.
No point buying a box if you don't like one. A friend gave me one today so I'll pass the favour on.

When I hear people going on about alignment and stuff I always hear “bullshit”. Probably too negative but it always sounds like snake oil to me.

Think I need a good physio though, my recovery times are shit and I’m missing a lot of runs midweek. I can’t do acupuncture as it’s not allowed if you’re a blood donor, and not sure I’m convinced on the science behind it either.
You need to go and try it. I never believed acupuncture until he done it. I can feel the knot being pierced.

Last edited:

Back