Running Thread 2019

Canny year for me overall. Started slowly with a few niggles, then knuckled down and trained hard and PB'd at Redcar half marathon and Quayside 5k. I'm in the ballot for New York Marathon, which gets announced in February, and that'll dictate most of my plans for next year. First couple of months will just be about enjoying my running.

Completely agree aye, go hard or go home come race day.
You been watching Rocky or summit :lol:. I agree with what you say regarding club runners . Couple of runners at our club often come up with excuses when not racing well and say just jogging it today or pacing somebody slower etc etc etc .. like broken records . Whether you fast or slow just have a go

You been watching Rocky or summit :lol:. I agree with what you say regarding club runners . Couple of runners at our club often come up with excuses when not racing well and say just jogging it today or pacing somebody slower etc etc etc .. like broken records . Whether you fast or slow just have a go

My club captain is a madman, it’s his mantra really, but my times have dropped considerably (or they had pre injury), nowt I can’t get back though.

Couple of runners at our club often come up with excuses when not racing well
Some runners are just weird when it comes to racing.
I know one who would always "get injured" mid race and drop out if someone he considered to be an inferior runner overtook him.
Then he'd go on and on about his pulled muscle or twisted ankle, or whatever injury he made up, spoiling his good run when we all knew he was faking it.

Just had a short one today to finish the year out, 120 runs in 2019 according to Strava. Been my best year, a few 5k PBs, one 10k PB and 2 HM PBs, all the best to everyone for 2020.

Back