Running Thread 2018

Bloody typical that the Arthrtis is playing up this week when the run is tomorrow.

Think I'll just take it easy and make sure I finish. Getting old is shite.

52nd overall and 11th in my age group. Knee bastard sore now mind but really enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Just found this thread so thought i would post this sorry if seb ...but just in case..beautiful 10 k once a month Cragside near Rothbury.(tough.. clue is in the name i guess !).Its the fourth Sunday of each month( except Dec) .The run is absolutely free and run by the Nationsl trust( no need to be a member) Free parking anarl.If interested google Cragside free 10 k National Trust.

Just found this thread so thought i would post this sorry if seb ...but just in case..beautiful 10 k once a month Cragside near Rothbury.(tough.. clue is in the name i guess !).Its the fourth Sunday of each month( except Dec) .The run is absolutely free and run by the Nationsl trust( no need to be a member) Free parking anarl.If interested google Cragside free 10 k National Trust.
Can you have a look round Cragside after? Cracking place like.

Can you have a look round Cragside after? Cracking place like.
Yes mate(certainly the grounds)...can get changed in toilets or car and seem to be able to go where you wish.They were more than happy that quite a few runners went for coffee and cake.Can take family members to watch as well..think 2 though not 100% on that....its v v friendl no chip timing or results(it is free)..its a " run " not a " race" though were some v fast people.Most were having there own peesonal battles and a mix of club and individual runners...its tougher than the run that run nation have on the road that runs around the site..but imho this course is even more picturesque..its round lake at entrace first..then uphill behind house( steep) then after about 7k downhill...im not a great runner but at 56 made it and loved it..enjoy

They also do one at Ormesby Hall on the same days.

I normally have a rest this time of year till about mid January, but I darent this year. It took me ages to get going last January and I had loads of niggles (groin especially). So this year I will reduce my runs to one a week (probably about 4 miles) to keep me ticking over until I start to hammer it again in January

Cheers...whats the course/parking like?might have a look.

Loads of parking, Course starts outside the hall then you head out of the grounds & across a bridge over the A174, loop around some fields (deceptively leg sapping hill), back across the bridge & a flat stretch through some woods back to the hall then the bridge & field loop again but finish back at the hall instead of doing the woods again.

Trust10 trail run at Ormesby Hall | National Trust

Loads of parking, Course starts outside the hall then you head out of the grounds & across a bridge over the A174, loop around some fields (deceptively leg sapping hill), back across the bridge & a flat stretch through some woods back to the hall then the bridge & field loop again but finish back at the hall instead of doing the woods again.

Trust10 trail run at Ormesby Hall | National Trust
Thanks ..will give it a go ..these events are great.

Had a headtorch run up Simonside hills last night with a few from our running club last night.

Fog was unreal with only about 5ft visibility in some parts but sky was crystal clear at the summit....

Shame it was a 3hour round trip to run just 5miles....

Legs are done today mind

Might do the duerger next year

First ever 10k race today in beautiful Aberystwyth. At the start of the year I was smoking and a little bit overweight, great way to end the year. The improvement in my overall physical and mental health after a year of running is incredible.

Don't think I'll make sub 50, but 52/53 will be good.
If you want sub 50 you'll get sub 50.

Looking for assistance. Been marathon training for a number of weeks. At 18 mile distance for a month ( nothing too quick, approx 3 hrs for the 18 miles currently ) but top of feet now in real pain. It's long bones to big toes. Thought it was shoes but changed them and made it worse. Any tips/advice to get back to running.

Back