Running Thread 2018

Xcountry today at Aykley Heads. Those hills at the end are killers.

5 mins of my time last year but considering I am suffering with my asthma with my peak flow around 300 at the moment I was just glad to get round without stopping

How many miles for the year then? 614 here ,just got into it this year though . Target 1000 next year

Last couple months being the best, got me mate to pace me on a 10k and got my second and third best 5 k times on it, took a few minutes off my park run time and lashed another couple off that at the track in the following weeks. Got the bug for the times now

Last edited:
Does anyone else run better/faster/easier when it is colder?

I felt great today even though it was a bit cool and misty, not a bit of a struggle aerobically.

Maybe I have had an infection without realising.
Went out at 6am yesterday and it was nippy without being freezing and it was drizzling. Thought it was perfect conditions and got my fastest 5k of the year.
Looked great this morning but my foot is a bit knackered so postponed my 10k until tomorrow. Hope the weather's the same again.

I am hopeless if it’s over 20C.

When I last trained properly a few years ago my best times were in January/February and it went downhill from there. When it gets too warm I go to the gym instead so my running season is September to about April!

That's one approach :lol: I avoid treadmills like the plague, and ran in ridiculous snow last winter, except when it became impossible. I don't know if you are ok weight wise, but I found that I coped better when I lost a few lbs. Probably an obvious point, but every little helps.

That's one approach :lol: I avoid treadmills like the plague, and ran in ridiculous snow last winter, except when it became impossible. I don't know if you are ok weight wise, but I found that I coped better when I lost a few lbs. Probably an obvious point, but every little helps.
Yes I avoid running indoors too, if I can’t run then cardio sessions are on the rower or bike. I’m under 70kg and I am about 5’ 8” so quite lean.

Back