Running Thread 2018

I did 3 half marathons and my times were improving but I didn’t enjoy any of them after about 10 miles.

You could transfer the half marathon space to someone else if you tell them now? Or just take the hit as at least the organisers have made a bit of income to cover costs.
That's the key thing for me. You have to enjoy it or what's the point.

Love doing 10k but it's not really a challenge anymore. Got to 9 miles last time before old injuries came back at 8 so far an enjoying it and pain free, and hardly out breath when finished, so know I'm fine fitness wise. Just don't see the point of running to be bored or hurt.

If I can get to 13 then I'll try and do that about twice a month and maybe 8 or 9 miles inbetween. However, if body tells me otherwise or I don't enjoy it then I'll drop back down.

So many people make themselves sick of running which is a shame.

That's the key thing for me. You have to enjoy it or what's the point.

Love doing 10k but it's not really a challenge anymore. Got to 9 miles last time before old injuries came back at 8 so far an enjoying it and pain free, and hardly out breath when finished, so know I'm fine fitness wise. Just don't see the point of running to be bored or hurt.

If I can get to 13 then I'll try and do that about twice a month and maybe 8 or 9 miles inbetween. However, if body tells me otherwise or I don't enjoy it then I'll drop back down.

So many people make themselves sick of running which is a shame.
Yes I totally agree, my last stint of running was aiming at a sub 40 time for 10k and I got down to about 40m 30s and then I got fed up of the training. I enjoyed the long slow weekend run of 8-9 miles but hated the aerobic and sprinting sessions.

Yes I totally agree, my last stint of running was aiming at a sub 40 time for 10k and I got down to about 40m 30s and then I got fed up of the training. I enjoyed the long slow weekend run of 8-9 miles but hated the aerobic and sprinting sessions.

That good times. I'm at 8.30 miles at the moment for 8 miles and felt fresh so could maybe knock 5 seconds or so off that.

Can't be arsed with the speed sruff. So just upping the mileage 10% after each 3 runs and then when get to about 9, will stick at that and then every 3rd run up the mileage by the 10% to make every 3rd run the long on until I get to 13.

Hopefully.

It not will adjust to what my body tells me. As would rather run 10k all the time than nothing. Look forward to each run but don't want to injure or make myself sick.

That good times. I'm at 8.30 miles at the moment for 8 miles and felt fresh so could maybe knock 5 seconds or so off that.

Can't be arsed with the speed sruff. So just upping the mileage 10% after each 3 runs and then when get to about 9, will stick at that and then every 3rd run up the mileage by the 10% to make every 3rd run the long on until I get to 13.

Hopefully.

It not will adjust to what my body tells me. As would rather run 10k all the time than nothing. Look forward to each run but don't want to injure or make myself sick.
That sounds very sensible, at some point it’s about minimising injuries but yes you need to enjoy it more than anything.

I’ll see how I feel after my legs start working again. I’ve just bought some new shoes which are meant to be better suited for heavier runners
After a race it takes me 7-10 days to recover, even from the dalton park 5m race it took me a good week to actually start feeling my legs again

After a race it takes me 7-10 days to recover, even from the dalton park 5m race it took me a good week to actually start feeling my legs again
I was asked to go out tonight for a 10km. I declined. I’ll probably go tomorrow for a short 5km or something. I’ve already got in my mind to do Kielder

How come? You use the 15’s?

Just been for a steady little run to break my legs back in and the shoes, they faired well
I think I've used them since 14 were out. Just seem a bit different, I still use them, getting used to them now but took ages to break in. I think i might try the wide fit when i need another pair.

Done a long run (for me) Sunday, upped mileage a bit drastic, think I have give mesel shin splints in me good leg. Any get fit quick remedies? Start icing and anti-flams today.

Done a long run (for me) Sunday, upped mileage a bit drastic, think I have give mesel shin splints in me good leg. Any get fit quick remedies? Start icing and anti-flams today.
No quick fix if it’s shin pain mate, mine took 8 weeks to go over the summer. Lots of foam rolling and stretching. Keep running if you can though, use a strap/bandage/compression sock etc and ice up after. Good luck

No quick fix if it’s shin pain mate, mine took 8 weeks to go over the summer. Lots of foam rolling and stretching. Keep running if you can though, use a strap/bandage/compression sock etc and ice up after. Good luck
Cheers mate, will do, might have to look at a sock to get me round redcar

Back