Running Thread 2018

Interesting reading the mileage a couple of pages back. I'm only on 570km, but I do play football twice a week and that's not included.

I clocked my Parkrun at 19:50 last week on my 235 and thought I'd finally managed sub 20, yet my official time came back at 20:10. I don't understand it as I start at the front, and the timer lady at the end was even pushing the guy behind me to finish as he was touch and go for a sub 20.

The previous week (different course) I clocked it at 19:53 and my official time was 20:00.

Are they not going on Gun Time? ie Will include the time you take to cross starting line. I would start my watch when I cross the line and go with that.
Excellent times!

Must have seen at least 30 collapsed on the side of the road when I did the run today. Some looked really serious too. Hope they're all ok.

PB for me yesterday but it wasn't enjoyable in the slightest. Never seen so many runners down, some were experienced runners who I recognised too. About time they put it back to October like it used to be imho.
3 mins off my PB but finished 200 places higher, so that shows a lot struggled with the heat. Didn't enjoy it one bit.

I think without my hydration supplement I would have been about 2 hours, saved me yesterday, normally go through 3 on a long 13 mile run, went through 6 yesterday :lol:

The plan was to do Kielder HM then concentrate on improving my 10km times over the winter. Then I’ve signed up for Liverpool HM in May next year
I did 3 half marathons and my times were improving but I didn’t enjoy any of them after about 10 miles.

You could transfer the half marathon space to someone else if you tell them now? Or just take the hit as at least the organisers have made a bit of income to cover costs.

I did 3 half marathons and my times were improving but I didn’t enjoy any of them after about 10 miles.

You could transfer the half marathon space to someone else if you tell them now? Or just take the hit as at least the organisers have made a bit of income to cover costs.
I’ll see how I feel after my legs start working again. I’ve just bought some new shoes which are meant to be better suited for heavier runners

Back