Running Thread 2018

I’ve made it into work today so will be enjoying a run at lunchtime around the relative tranquility of the Quayside. . no 2 feet snow drifts to navigate hopefully :)

mentally they much tougher than running outside ,horrible... physically though they are bit easier, get a better workout outdoors IMO

good luck mate
Aye it’s loads better outside, more inclines and changes of pace to think about. I’m gonna go out tomorrow morning with trail shoes on. I’ve only been back running since about a month before Christmas after about 7 years off but I’m loving it more than before.

Detest running, always have and try to avoid it when I can, like to ride a bike though. However thanks to this thread I found the c25k, started it at the start of the year and just finished it running the 5k in 30 mins.

Weas packing on the pounds being a lazy git TBH, fast approaching the big 50 and had to do something. Combined c25k with a dry Jan, Feb and March, a change in diet and the pounds have dropped.

I've done the 3 days a week c25k and then gone out on the bike straight after and then weight training after that. A bit of a ball buster at first but the benefits of doing the bike ride and weights has helped me finish the c25k with a bit more of a spring in my step than I may of normally do. That last 5k was easy in a I was shocked kind of way.

Just added the 10k app so I'm going to continue and see what happens, running doesn't seem such a bad thing now and I quite enjoy it.

Detest running, always have and try to avoid it when I can, like to ride a bike though. However thanks to this thread I found the c25k, started it at the start of the year and just finished it running the 5k in 30 mins.

Weas packing on the pounds being a lazy git TBH, fast approaching the big 50 and had to do something. Combined c25k with a dry Jan, Feb and March, a change in diet and the pounds have dropped.

I've done the 3 days a week c25k and then gone out on the bike straight after and then weight training after that. A bit of a ball buster at first but the benefits of doing the bike ride and weights has helped me finish the c25k with a bit more of a spring in my step than I may of normally do. That last 5k was easy in a I was shocked kind of way.

Just added the 10k app so I'm going to continue and see what happens, running doesn't seem such a bad thing now and I quite enjoy it.
Should start doing the park runs. Add a bit competition.

That's something a mate has done and there are plenty to do around these parts.

No idea where this running lark will take me tbh, just a bit of tortured fun for me at the start and to prove I could and to change my health outlook. Certainly stirred a few things.
Do a marathon!

Build up slowly. That's a big jump.
I feel like I’ve got a lot more in the tank, started doing this about a month before Christmas. I play over 40s football carry my bag when golfing and frequent the gym. But hadn’t been for regular runs for a good 7 years. Also got a bike so I’ve got a decent level of fitness but I’m always pushed for time due to 12 hour shifts and what not. I’m only averaging 8m20s per mile but that was 9m when I first got back into. I can always phone a taxi if I get stuck. :lol:

I feel like I’ve got a lot more in the tank, started doing this about a month before Christmas. I play over 40s football carry my bag when golfing and frequent the gym. But hadn’t been for regular runs for a good 7 years. Also got a bike so I’ve got a decent level of fitness but I’m always pushed for time due to 12 hour shifts and what not. I’m only averaging 8m20s per mile but that was 9m when I first got back into. I can always phone a taxi if I get stuck. :lol:
I'm just thinking you don't want to push too much too soon and don't want to get injured. Add half a mile a week.

Back