Running Thread 2018

My Achilles is playing up a bit. Think I over did a few weeks ago. Anyway, I've also started on the bike - indoor only and already helped as got my quickest 5k today.

The idea is to exercise 6 days and rest 1, with sometimes the bike 4 running 2 and other weeks 3 and 3.

I ice my knee (inflamed tendon) and now my Achilles after both running and riding. Just wondering if it should only have ice after the running?

Hoping the Achilles sorts itself out as the bike will put less stress on it than running. As the doctor said the only way to totally stop the dull ache is to pack it all on for a few months but at the moment I'm managing.

So the question at the end of this waffle is do people ice after all sport or just high impact like the running.

My Achilles is playing up a bit. Think I over did a few weeks ago. Anyway, I've also started on the bike - indoor only and already helped as got my quickest 5k today.

The idea is to exercise 6 days and rest 1, with sometimes the bike 4 running 2 and other weeks 3 and 3.

I ice my knee (inflamed tendon) and now my Achilles after both running and riding. Just wondering if it should only have ice after the running?

Hoping the Achilles sorts itself out as the bike will put less stress on it than running. As the doctor said the only way to totally stop the dull ache is to pack it all on for a few months but at the moment I'm managing.

So the question at the end of this waffle is do people ice after all sport or just high impact like the running.
Na it's too cold. Do eccentric heel drops for your achilles.

Na it's too cold. Do eccentric heel drops for your achilles.
Aye started doing that. Sitting wondering if if need to stop all exercise for a couple of weeks to see if it sorts itself out. It's just a dull ache rather than a pain. When it went about 6 years ago I couldn't run at all. Guess just worried I'm making it worse by running/riding

Never thought I'd say this but no exercises for 2 weeks or so will kill me. Can't get enough of it just wish I'd been like this 20 year's ago.

Aye started doing that. Sitting wondering if if need to stop all exercise for a couple of weeks to see if it sorts itself out. It's just a dull ache rather than a pain. When it went about 6 years ago I couldn't run at all. Guess just worried I'm making it worse by running/riding

Never thought I'd say this but no exercises for 2 weeks or so will kill me. Can't get enough of it just wish I'd been like this 20 year's ago.
I would go and see sr acupuncture and tui na. Fixes a lot of people.

Achilles is the injury that ruins more runners than any other injury, I can think of 4 top harriers who have dropped out over last couple years due to an Achilles problem (and thy are just the fast pack lads), bit of ice will do no harm, but important to roller your calfs couple times a week , and do the eccentric heel drops almost daily really , 3x15 each foot on the stairs, only takes 5mins to do , it an injury that can stay with you for years but it is manageable

First time ever doing it, is it a difficult track to run?
its up and down then fair bit flat, all on tarmac, you will be fine

Just signed up for the Silky park run. First run since last year, gonna be a right struggle.

I was going to go this week for the first time after signing up nearly 2 years ago but the car is booked for its MOT at 9 so looks like it'll be the week after.

Back