Running Thread 2017

No luck for me :-(

On of the reasons outdoor running will improve your fitness and distance is that kind of you have no choice :)
By that i mean if you run 2 miles out west, you have to run/walk 2 miles east to get home. You can simply step off a treadmill when you're 'tired'.

You'll be surprised how much further you can run when you actually have to.

Otherwise you need to be a bit disciplined and keep your motivation and just gradually increasing the distance you run on a treadmill. Do you stop suddenly at the 3 km marker ? Could you maybe squeeze another k in at a slower pace/fast walk ? which will in turn wind your muscles down nicely anyway....
The simple answer really is just to keep increasing....And dont lose hear if one day/night its particularly bad. it happens from time to time and can be down to any number of factors. try again the next time

I normally do a cool down at a more sedate /walking pace for about 3/4 mins. Rather than a hard stop.

I have ran 5k comfortably but that has been running with walking intervals.

My main goal is to increase the total time spent running. If I can do half and hour in the next few months I'll be over the moon. Next step is to take it outdoors.

I normally do a cool down at a more sedate /walking pace for about 3/4 mins. Rather than a hard stop.

I have ran 5k comfortably but that has been running with walking intervals.

My main goal is to increase the total time spent running. If I can do half and hour in the next few months I'll be over the moon. Next step is to take it outdoors.

As long as you have the motivation you'll get there. Just gradually increase the distance every week.
Personally I find running on a treadmill incredibly hard, and boring, but if it works for you keep going.

Did the Edinburgh parkrun this morning. It's along the banks of the Forth. It was gale conditions, complete with hailstones. I was soaked, frozen and numb.
Was still probably better than going to the SoL.

Did the Edinburgh parkrun this morning. It's along the banks of the Forth. It was gale conditions, complete with hailstones. I was soaked, frozen and numb.
Was still probably better than going to the SoL.

I am up in Edinburgh for the weekend in 4 weeks and was looking at doing the parkrun. Looks like its a few miles outside the city centre though

Did anyone run the harrier league xc today. Fair play to anyone running. It was bad enough watching.....

I am up in Edinburgh for the weekend in 4 weeks and was looking at doing the parkrun. Looks like its a few miles outside the city centre though

Did anyone run the harrier league xc today. Fair play to anyone running. It was bad enough watching.....
Luckily i was out with cold etc but went to match

I am up in Edinburgh for the weekend in 4 weeks and was looking at doing the parkrun. Looks like its a few miles outside the city centre though.....
Yes its well out of the centre, but i was stopping in the holiday inn next to the zoo so it was less than a 10 minute drive.
Pan flat run on a wide tarmac path. Would be a great pb route on a nice sunny day, (if they ever get them in Scotland).

Back