Running Thread 2017

My running aim for 2017 was to do a half marathon in 2:10, managed it on my very last run of the year with a new PB of 2:08. Over the moon with that. Would love to think that 2:00 is now a feasible time to aim for in 2018 but we'll see, that's a daunting figure!!!

Been running 5k's for a little bit now but i'm still slow as hell. Best way to get quicker? Increase distance or slowly increase speed?

Been running 5k's for a little bit now but i'm still slow as hell. Best way to get quicker? Increase distance or slowly increase speed?

What is your time as you might not be as slow as you think. Also, every 5k you do no matter what time is quicker than people sitting on their sofa.

He's probably going to ignore my advice.

I'm following it, i'm going to slowly increase my time running. Not sure what i'm going to do afterwards.

I've only been back at it a couple of weeks though. I'm on a treadmill for the time being during winter, did 40 mins last night at 8km/hr. Gonna increase it every other until an hour is my thinking.

I'm following it, i'm going to slowly increase my time running. Not sure what i'm going to do afterwards.

I've only been back at it a couple of weeks though. I'm on a treadmill for the time being during winter, did 40 mins last night at 8km/hr. Gonna increase it every other until an hour is my thinking.
It's much easier to increase your distance and speed by not running on a treadmill, you'll be surprised how fast you can do 5k off the treadmill. Try the park run on saturday morning's.

Back