1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running Thread 2017

Discussion in 'Diet and Exercise' started by Fletch, Dec 31, 2016.

1. The Butcher

The Butcher Winger

Fletch likes this.
  2. ouro

ouro Striker

I was doing a 5k every second night for a month and my times were finally starting to drop. Last week I got a heavy chest cold, and now I am wheezing at medium pace. FML. I think I'm just too old (51).

3. D.A

D.A Striker

I agree.

I believe in calf guards like.

Lad in our club who is 53 is aiming to get a 10km pb, age is just a number.

Going to reccie the urban ultra from burdon tomorrow. All welcome.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  4. The Butcher

The Butcher Winger

I know you do Dan and that is your choice, no problem. I just hate modern consumerism.

5. D.A

D.A Striker

Me too, loads of stuff i think wtf at.

6. Venkman

Venkman Winger

Did Seaham - Ashbrooke, Ashbrooke - Golden Lion this morning. All went tits up at end of European Way where works for bridge are. Ran up cycle path then thought I was wrong, so went back to fenced off area (as per route) and a dog walker told me where to squeeze through. After chatting to said walker I went off on my merry way, but I apparently should definitely go by the cycle path on race day :lol:

D.A likes this.
  7. D.A

D.A Striker

They're going to confirm on race day.

Venkman likes this.
  8. MagicRat

MagicRat Midfield

Did Leeds abbey dash this morning, 33.30 and only finished 169th :eek:

Strongest field I’ve ever raced in. 15th in my new age category though so happy enough with that

Fletch likes this.
  9. AC Mack

AC Mack Striker

I did the Leeds Abbey Dash this morning in 42:40.

Fletch, D.A and VodkaBob like this.
  10. Esh

Esh Full Back

Nah, Im the same age. Or maybe yes!

ouro likes this.
  11. Fletch

Fletch Striker

Apparently my dodgy calf isn’t from running but from using schwinn cycle at gym , the pedal cleats , which I was using twice a week past couple month, Physio said I was not use to them and calf under too much strain ??? Another week of no cardio just walking the dog , and various stretches , sick as ....

12. D.A

D.A Striker

If you don't get the pedals right on a bike it can damage you.

Fletch likes this.
  13. boz mccoy

boz mccoy Full Back

Anyone recommend a decent long sleeve top ? Was out in the t-shirt last week when it was freezing, was ok after 20 mins but could you something with sleeves on. Lightweight and reasonable loose fitting with dri-fit (clima cool) not sure what is referred to?

14. Chappers

Chappers Striker

I was wearing a light weight hoodie yesterday. It was cold, mind.

15. The Butcher

The Butcher Winger

Just get a wind cheater cagoule type. More mile do them for £15.

16. Hawkings Boots

Hawkings Boots Midfield

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/ekiden-jersey-yellow-id_8312451.html

I'm wearing one of these atm. Do the job for £8 and don't get too hot but I'm only running 5k at a time

Harbour Boy likes this.
  17. Chappers

Chappers Striker

Knee has been scanned and it looks like a ridge on the knee whereas the other knee is smooth.

Anyway back to the docs next week to see what it is. Still running and isn't as bad as before, so that's canny

18. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

After 8 weeks of time plateau and grind I’ve gone from 28mins dead for 5k to 26:40 in a week, edging towards sub 25 minutes, really happy this morning!

19. The Great MES

The Great MES Winger

My Dad is still doing sub 22 min 5 k and he turns 70 in three months! Oh and he beat me by about a minute in Durham 10k in the summer

Daydream Believer and D.A like this.
  20. D.A

D.A Striker

What a bloke!