Running Thread 2017

when you back then mate ?
I tried short run sunday, first in couple months and foot hurting later on , sick as.... back to the waiting game.
Blyth is definitely a good one to do , so long as weather ok as its on the seafront
I'm running now, physio advised it won't make it any worse. I just find running downhill and around corners hurts too much. Everything else is fine. Doing lots of core work and piriformis stretching and lots of sitting on tennis balls :) they reckon it'll just take time for my piriformis to unknot itself from around my nerve. Seeing physio again Saturday.

The race is full.
If anyone has a number and can't make it, let me know and I'll take it :)
My numbers gone mate, sorry :)

Last race (out of 8) of the North Shields Poly Grand Prix over 5k distance last night and I finished 3rd overall out of 240 so ended up with a 50 quid voucher which is a bonus.

The race is handicapped so favours improving beginners like myself. My times have improved every race and had a 5k pb of 23.37 last night so cant ask for anymore.

Running with better runners who are chasing me done really helped with my finish and it was great to see so many prizes being given to runners who have no chance of getting anything in a normal race.

Brighton marathon yesterday. Coped pretty well considering lack of / no training and the heat. There were lots of people in bits all over the course and apparently they ran out of water in places! I ended up carrying a blow the last few hundred yards over the line!

Brighton marathon yesterday. Coped pretty well considering lack of / no training and the heat. There were lots of people in bits all over the course and apparently they ran out of water in places! I ended up carrying a blow the last few hundred yards over the line!
What time did you manage? I was spectating at Manchester marathon and loads of people were flaking out. I helped carry one bloke a bit and gave him my gel. Another fella was stumbling so i sat him down and a marshall phoned for st John's ambulance. He was saying he was going to die. Horrific to hear.

What time did you manage? I was spectating at Manchester marathon and loads of people were flaking out. I helped carry one bloke a bit and gave him my gel. Another fella was stumbling so i sat him down and a marshall phoned for st John's ambulance. He was saying he was going to die. Horrific to hear.
3:19. Stopped to help a lady at about 19 miles who couldn't walk in a straight line and was delirious. Managed to get her a bottle of water and force her to stop and st John's to help her. There was a lot worse later on after more time had passed in the sun.

The fella I helped carry over the line was completely seized up with cramps and in bits.

Hope it's a bit cooler for me at London!

3:19. Stopped to help a lady at about 19 miles who couldn't walk in a straight line and was delirious. Managed to get her a bottle of water and force her to stop and st John's to help her. There was a lot worse later on after more time had passed in the sun.

The fella I helped carry over the line was completely seized up with cramps and in bits.

What time you aiming for at London? I'm starting out at 3.15 pace, knowing I'll probably lose a few minutes in the last few
Miles.

Unless it's hot in which case I'll jog round!

What time you aiming for at London? I'm starting out at 3.15 pace, knowing I'll probably lose a few minutes in the last few
Miles.

Unless it's hot in which case I'll jog round!
Haven't really decided yet. Did 2:51 last year but haven't trained this time around due to injury so think steady, a few stops for chats, plenty of high fives, and maybe even a beer on the way round.

Sounds about right for Manchester. Sure they weren't on that Spice stuff???

Good luck , which club did you join ?

North Shields Poly. I live 5 mins away

The running group i am with are affiliated to them and work very closely with them.

The training sessions are a bit more relaxed to what the poly do and on different days as well, but we do have some competitive runners and are encouraged to run in the races.

Back