Running Thread 2017

Ive got a hardmoors 15 mile next weekend but am really looking forward to the St Begas ultra in August. Keswick to St Bees. Looks canny.

Ive got a hardmoors 15 mile next weekend but am really looking forward to the St Begas ultra in August. Keswick to St Bees. Looks canny.
st begus isn too hilly and not too long - its a canny little race.

ps - if you are doing the white horse half it will be closer to 20 miles :)

Making the jump from 26.2 miles to 31 miles was a chance I was willing to take but I've been getting injuries after slow 10 milers so far this year so attempting to treble that distance within a 6 week window will most likely see me injured for a lot longer.
you didn't mention injuries - I thought it was just the extra few miles putting you off. I went mara to 50miles to 100miles in 3 jumps - its not too bad once you get your head around it.

Last edited:
st begus isn too hilly and not too long - its a canny little race.

ps - if you are doing the white horse half it will be closer to 20 miles :)

you didn't mention injuries - I thought it was just the extra few miles putting you off. I went mara to 50miles to 100miles in 3 jumps - its not too bad once you get your head around it.
Yeah st begas will be good. And yip hardmoors always seem to be s bit out on the distance calculations!!

Get it seen too, i regret waiting so long. i went to coxhoe to see neil sleeman.

Managed my longest run this year, 7.5 miles! conditions were brutal, wind and rain (went out in shorts and t shirt :cool:). I'm so fat and slow, feels like I'll never get back to where i was.
I went to see the pppt lot at Coxhoe today dan. My piriformis is knotted around my sciatic nerve! They did a few painful manoeuvres to release some of the pressure and sent me away with homework (foam rolling and lots of stretching). They reckon I should be able to run again in a couple of days and be back to normal properly in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed. Cheers for recommending, I was impressed

I got back out on the roads this week after a year off.

I've gone from 1.3m in 20 minutes on Saturday to 3.6m in 34 minutes this morning.

I am aiming for 5m a day before I go.

Well I've went beyond my target with 5 days left. I'm managing 5m in 48mins which includes Strawberry Bank and the incline on Rhyope road towards town.

I know it's not a groundbreaking time etc... but I've went from a right lazy ^#^÷^ to 5.4m in 3 weeks. I'm really determined to keep it up after my holidays.

Cragside 10k today in 52 mins. Well below par but tough course and s toilet stop half way round. Really struggled with the hills so need to work on that....

North tyneside 10k in a fortnight.

Cragside 10k today in 52 mins. Well below par but tough course and s toilet stop half way round. Really struggled with the hills so need to work on that....

I'm a local - the NT 10k is a piece of piss compared to cragside. Tricky early on but then mostly downhill and if you're lucky a nice tailwind to take you along to the lighthouse.
Cragside is a killer

I'm a local - the NT 10k is a piece of piss compared to cragside. Tricky early on but then mostly downhill and if you're lucky a nice tailwind to take you along to the lighthouse.
Cragside is a killer

I am from whitley bay so regulary run the route, but havent actually done this 10k before.

My running group do a few sessions on tbe priory hills which will help.....

I am from whitley bay so regulary run the route, but havent actually done this 10k before.

My running group do a few sessions on tbe priory hills which will help.....

It will definitely help. And the hilly part is early on ....after that it's mostly downhill ...or at least feels that way ! Probably not a pb course, but just in comparison to cragside it certainly will be faster

I was faster than last year but thought I would do a PB but the hill section just took it out of me.

Have decided to run at Brighton this weekend. Way undercooked but will get round and run fairly easy with some friends. Should be a good training run if nothing else!

I'm crocked so won't be doing it this year. It's a flat out and back though, definite PB material. Good luck
when you back then mate ?
I tried short run sunday, first in couple months and foot hurting later on , sick as.... back to the waiting game.
Blyth is definitely a good one to do , so long as weather ok as its on the seafront

Back