Running Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff. I think the trainings finally caught up with me, despite my relative youth :) been getting pain between ankle and calf when I land my feet. Worried it's Achilles related so I'm having a week of rest. Stir crazy already. . I even cleaned the oven last night I was that restless :lol:

Guess the injury is feeling better Magic.;)
Excellent performance at Saltwell today,

That Abraham fellow was in a league of his own...

2 nights back to back on the drink , was feeling reasonably fit couple week back , feel like a broken man today

That's the beauty of having young kids, it really restricts boozing opportunities. I reckon I've been pissed no more than five times this year :oops:

Suffered really bad this year with injuries, hamstrings, Achilles and hip and knee problems, time to just swim and weight lift I think.

Is local running in decline?

Recently, this thread has had very little activity.
Looking at the running threads for the last few years, the number of pages of posts were:
2012 93 pages
1013 80 pages
2014 128 pages
2015 130 pages
2016 52 pages and only 18 pages in the last 6 months.

How are local running clubs doing? Are they in decline too? Or are runners as active as ever but not talking about it here as much?
I suspect the former as runners I've known were always keen to bore the hell out of anyone they could find to listen!

Did a shi7e 2 miles this morning. 3 minutes slower than my best !
Dont know what was worse, the tight hamstrings, the pain in my left instep or my wobbling (man) tits !

Either way it was hard work, but a starting point for my first race next year, which thankfully is in April.

Did a shi7e 2 miles this morning. 3 minutes slower than my best !
Dont know what was worse, the tight hamstrings, the pain in my left instep or my wobbling (man) tits !

Either way it was hard work, but a starting point for my first race next year, which thankfully is in April.
Which race is that mate? NT 10k ?

I've just entered that. Easter must be late this year, 16th April. Hopefully it won't clash with the Blyth 10k

Which race is that mate? NT 10k ?

I've just entered that. Easter must be late this year, 16th April. Hopefully it won't clash with the Blyth 10k
Yes thats the one.
I'm pretty certain that it won't clash with the Blyth. Think it was mentioned in some recent comitee minutes that it was the week after, but please don't take that for definite..

Managed another few miles today. Just taking it easy again after injury for more or less three months. Really hoping for an injury free first half to 2017 and then hopefully for next autumn too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back