Running Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor

Three medical professionals told me it was ligament damage. Within 15 minutes the physio I'd been referred to had it figured out. Frustration is waiting 2 months before seeing her as I trusted the first answer of ligament damage even though I had a lingering feeling it was a stress fracture. Should have trusted my instinct but been busy with work and away so finding the time to get it seen to again has been impossible.

Can only hope for a straightforward recovery but my plan for a fast Brighton marathon in April is probably gone now.
You will be back mate , I was once out 15 months , it's shit but it is what it is and end of day you can walk etc , when you get back into it you'll be stronger in long term

Did first race in nrly a year on Saturday gone and have struggled all this week, slight sore and it took more out of me than expected , gonna try summit bit harder tomorrow morn if feel better anyway.
Anyone doing that doorstep run Sunday , I'm in 2 minds whether to roll up and do it , had hoped it was on bit earlier (think it's 1130) as wanted the afternoon free

Do t
You will be back mate , I was once out 15 months , it's shit but it is what it is and end of day you can walk etc , when you get back into it you'll be stronger in long term

Did first race in nrly a year on Saturday gone and have struggled all this week, slight sore and it took more out of me than expected , gonna try summit bit harder tomorrow morn if feel better anyway.
Anyone doing that doorstep run Sunday , I'm in 2 minds whether to roll up and do it , had hoped it was on bit earlier (think it's 1130) as wanted the afternoon free
Do the marathon? starts at 9

Set myself a marathon target for next year! I've signed up to York, giving me plenty of time to train for it. The furthest I've run before now is 14.5 so it's a step up for me...hopefully I stay injury free and the legs can cope.

Set myself a marathon target for next year! I've signed up to York, giving me plenty of time to train for it. The furthest I've run before now is 14.5 so it's a step up for me...hopefully I stay injury free and the legs can cope.

I've made a step up,from half to full this year and I would advise you to keep your runs a little slower than usual, do speed work
,hills etc as normal but make sure your recovery runs are slow, I have stuck to this and have stayed injury free for 8'month now and that's the longest I've gone un injured in the few years I have been running

Whats the best sites to see local races?

I'm normally a half/marathon runner but fancy getting a few 10ks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back