Running Thread 2015

I'll be there, not done it before but was expecting a few hills. Assume there's downhill too ?!
Theres a smashing downhill when you come into the park but it certainly feels like there more ups than downs !
Trouble with doing 3 laps is you know whats coming...
Weather should be decent too, no snow, ice or sideways rain this year.

Managed 7th spot at a balmy Saltwell today in 35.11. That's me done racing for 2015, been a canny year . . hope to keep it up next year.
Thanks praha12 for the shout :)

Have a good Xmas everyone

Awesome time!! Would have given you an extra cheer if I'd known who you were :lol: (would have said hello to you too praha12!!)

I was the loud enthusiastic marshall at the main entrance to the park, just down the hill from where you re-enter the park!

Awesome time!! Would have given you an extra cheer if I'd known who you were :lol: (would have said hello to you too praha12!!)

I was the loud enthusiastic marshall at the main entrance to the park, just down the hill from where you re-enter the park!
Thanks. I didn't look around much on that bit of the course but I did hear a right racket :)

Managed 7th spot at a balmy Saltwell today in 35.11. That's me done racing for 2015, been a canny year . . hope to keep it up next year.
Thanks praha12 for the shout :)

Have a good Xmas everyone

Well done, and not just today but all year your times have been fanatastic !

Thats the trouble with message boards isnt it. I could have standing next to you and i wouldnt know.
Actually watched the start just down from the entrance gates (next to an older marshall). Guess that wasnt you..

Well done, and not just today but all year your times have been fanatastic !

Thats the trouble with message boards isnt it. I could have standing next to you and i wouldnt know.
Actually watched the start just down from the entrance gates (next to an older marshall). Guess that wasnt you..

Where they came into the park from the start road? I was at the next gate down, had my saltwell hoody on under my hi vis & my saltwell buff on my head. Mind that doesn't narrow it down too much!!

I'm going to have to train a LOT more before I even consider entering our race, watching the fast lot go past was scary hahaha!! I enjoyed cheering everyone though, I know how much it helps me when I'm slowly trudging along at the back!

Where they came into the park from the start road? I was at the next gate down, had my saltwell hoody on under my hi vis & my saltwell buff on my head. Mind that doesn't narrow it down too much!!

I'm going to have to train a LOT more before I even consider entering our race, watching the fast lot go past was scary hahaha!! I enjoyed cheering everyone though, I know how much it helps me when I'm slowly trudging along at the back!
Ah, I know where you mean. I was just slightly higher up, where the path first splits off to the left where the finish was.
From there i went along to the middle bit with band stand and the arches. The lad marshaling there got a bit of unnecessary grief off McCloud for not warning lappers that he was coming. It was a blind corner, he didnt know !! Shouldnt be so damned quick....

Ah, I know where you mean. I was just slightly higher up, where the path first splits off to the left where the finish was.
From there i went along to the middle bit with band stand and the arches. The lad marshaling there got a bit of unnecessary grief off McCloud for not warning lappers that he was coming. It was a blind corner, he didnt know !! Shouldnt be so damned quick....

That happened a few times as far as I know, I tried to get runners over to one side when the front runners were lapping them but it's bloody tricky to manage when there's lots of runners & you can't spot the speedy ones coming down! It's also hard to do it tactfully, I'd despair if someone essentially said get out the way you're not going fast enough!!

UTMB registration in, missed out in ballot last year so double chance this year. Find out mid Jan and mixed feelings. Excited as arguably the biggest Trail Ultra in the World but it have to say it scares the shit out of me at the same time. Up to the ballot Gods either way :cool:

UTMB registration in, missed out in ballot last year so double chance this year. Find out mid Jan and mixed feelings. Excited as arguably the biggest Trail Ultra in the World but it have to say it scares the shit out of me at the same time. Up to the ballot Gods either way :cool:
how have you accumulated your points?
how much is it?

how have you accumulated your points?
how much is it?

Yes, got my points from Hardmoors Grandslam last year, if I dont get in this year will have to qualify again for guaranteed entry next year, dont fancy that much as qualification involves a 100 miler and two 100ks......220 euros which tbh I think is blood brilliant value, thankfully unlike many companies they do not take the piss.

had some bother with my foot and leg so was just going to use saltwell as a tempo. never felt great during the race,a club mate caught me just before the third lap started and decided to give my head a shake and start racing. ended up beating him by 40 seconds and caught loads up. I wish the race was longer as started feeling great. just over 42 minutes, pleased with that.

had some bother with my foot and leg so was just going to use saltwell as a tempo. never felt great during the race,a club mate caught me just before the third lap started and decided to give my head a shake and start racing. ended up beating him by 40 seconds and caught loads up. I wish the race was longer as started feeling great. just over 42 minutes, pleased with that.

I thought i saw you but decided it was too far back for a man of your abilities....

I thought i saw you but decided it was too far back for a man of your abilities....
There can't possibly be another stroller as sexy as me?! I think I was 70th/80th.

What's up Dan ?
I'm still not right , in 2 minds whether to try do a session this week or just leave it til after Christmas now
Last week I had a minor accident on my motorbike, leg felt dead/numb and uncomfortable. Got worse as the week progressed, running never affected it. Then on Tuesday my foot started to hurt me at the track. Then I pulled up on my run yesterday as my calf was giving me grief.

Why don't you run rather than do a session...

Last edited:
10 days of no running after my lower back ceased up. that is more or less fixed now but left with ligament pain and glutes that won't move.

hoping to get out for slow jogs on Xmas and boxing day, then hopefully build back up from there.

Back