Running Thread 2013

• Thread starter maninthelighthouse
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

For orthotics try. The performance clinic at newcastle mate , they will diagnose you and if you need them then will be specially made, cost bout £120 mind[DOUBLEPOST=1388416697][/DOUBLEPOST]On the running front, I'm still in "rehab " but was allowed t run for 30 mins today, on grass, clocked 4.4mile and was gurning for most of it !

Cheers mate. Going to ring them in new year. I have a really long run in April so want to get it sorted.[DOUBLEPOST=1388477942][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am very much running leggings and a few layers on top in this kind of weather, hat, gloves anarl

Mind you its great in the summer with just shorts and a t-shirt on:D

I am the same :lol:

Did half marathon yesterday in 2:05. Pretty pleased with that as I took it fairly easily and was only 40 seconds slower than the last time I did GNR few years ago.

Always amazes me the amount of people running in a vest or t shirts and shorts in brass weather. i must be soft!!
I wear shorts but generally have a couple of layers on top and sometimes gloves and a hat. I do have leggings for if it gets extreme but I would definitely fall into the "All the gear, no idea" category if I started wearing them.

Last run today for me this year a slow 15k, finished in 1 hour 15 mins. I have ran 463.4k this year, but I have lots of 5k runs in the gym thats not listed. I am aiming for 500k next year

I have that as well, I get nifedipine from the doctor to relax the blood vessels (as another poster mentioned). It helps a little but I still have an icy death grip, even wearing gloves. :( It's an absolute nightmare and one of the main reasons I rarely run outside at this time of year. I can cope with short sleeves once I get started but I find I get home and can't work my key to get back into the house because my fingers are totally knackered. :lol:

I have that as well, I get nifedipine from the doctor to relax the blood vessels (as another poster mentioned). It helps a little but I still have an icy death grip, even wearing gloves. :( It's an absolute nightmare and one of the main reasons I rarely run outside at this time of year. I can cope with short sleeves once I get started but I find I get home and can't work my key to get back into the house because my fingers are totally knackered. :lol:

Any idea what temperature it kicks in at like mate? Like I said earlier in the thread when its about 0 degrees it kills for me but I was running when it was about 4-5 the other day and they were fine. I had two pair of gloves on mind:lol:

Any idea what temperature it kicks in at like mate? Like I said earlier in the thread when its about 0 degrees it kills for me but I was running when it was about 4-5 the other day and they were fine. I had two pair of gloves on mind:lol:

My hands are freezing in summer too. :lol: I only get the colour change and numbness over autumn/winter though which is the only time I take the medication. Am I fuck shelling out for prescriptions all year round. :lol:

When they do end up freezing and numb, make sure you warm them back up slowly. I've waved them in front of the fireplace in a panic before trying to get some feeling back and ended up with f***ing chilblains.

gettin ready for my first run in a few weeks just now
3.5 miler getting to test out my armband / gps app tracker thingamybob too so id be quite excited if i didnt drink my own bodyweight in brown ale last night

I wear shorts but generally have a couple of layers on top and sometimes gloves and a hat. I do have leggings for if it gets extreme but I would definitely fall into the "All the gear, no idea" category if I started wearing them.

I can't go out cold like, tracky bottoms or tights, top and wind cheater in this weather, with hat for me baldy napper. Done 8 mile in an hour today, enjoyed shaking a bit beer and food off.

I can't go out cold like, tracky bottoms or tights, top and wind cheater in this weather, with hat for me baldy napper. Done 8 mile in an hour today, enjoyed shaking a bit beer and food off.
Been out down the front and I did stick some tracky bottoms on. Gloves and hat were off before the end and I was sweating like a horse!
Lovely down there this morning.

Superb morning for the Sedgefield park run this, only my second ever one but think I have knocked half a minute of my PB[DOUBLEPOST=1388585108][/DOUBLEPOST]Knocked 43 seconds off my PB for the park run, mind you its only my second one;):lol:

Last edited:
took mutley out for a bit of an off roader,! set off from the cenopath at whitley past the lighthouse then onto seaton sluice through hollywell deane then upto &along the waggonways finishing at north shields poly club.7:5 miles,took us 55mins with a couple of short drink stops for my 13yr old red n white border collie;)

felt great yesterday ran my hangover off but was nearly sick at the end
did the route again today but just walked it - 7 miles over 2 days though il be happy if i can keep that form up!

Superb morning for the Sedgefield park run this, only my second ever one but think I have knocked half a minute of my PB[DOUBLEPOST=1388585108][/DOUBLEPOST]Knocked 43 seconds off my PB for the park run, mind you its only my second one;):lol:
Thought you were older

Rough 5k yesterday 23:30, the beer was sweating out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back