Running Thread 2013

• Thread starter maninthelighthouse
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas morning :eek:...
no times on the website ?
Aye Gateshead was doing one. Not sure if Newcastle did too.[DOUBLEPOST=1388063952][/DOUBLEPOST]
Been out for a nice 6 miler with a few members of the running club in crisp conditions, one side of castle eden dene all the way through to the other then onto Horden beach then back

On a side note does anybody else suffer from very cold hands when running, had 2 pair of gloves on today but once it drops below a certain temperature my hands go really, really cold. Had to sit for 20 minutes in the car to warm them through again before I could drive. Very frustrating and very, very painful to when they are thawing out!!!!
Try some wind proof ones? I use the thin Nike ones which are toppa, I suffer from cold hands, think I've got bad circulation and they work.

That's canny disgusting. A lass from my tri club has just had treatment at hospital for it.

Tell you what mate I had to bail out from my run yesterday and about the 7k mark, took me another 1k to run to my motor. By the time I got there I was in agony. Sat in the car thawing out for 20 minutes, I honesty thought I had frostbite in my finger ends. All that with two pairs of gloves on. God knows what people thought who seem me in the car, rocking away clasping my hands together talking to myself saying 'Please warm up, please warm up' :oops::lol:. Only ever happens when its round about 0 degrees. Was out two nights before when it was about 5-6 degrees and they were fairly fine

Tell you what mate I had to bail out from my run yesterday and about the 7k mark, took me another 1k to run to my motor. By the time I got there I was in agony. Sat in the car thawing out for 20 minutes, I honesty thought I had frostbite in my finger ends. All that with two pairs of gloves on. God knows what people thought who seem me in the car, rocking away clasping my hands together talking to myself saying 'Please warm up, please warm up' :oops::lol:. Only ever happens when its round about 0 degrees. Was out two nights before when it was about 5-6 degrees and they were fairly fine
Need to get them looked at. I've always had bad circulation but if I wear gloves when running, I inevitably have to take them off because I'm too hot.
Or maybe you need to try a bit harder so you warm up a bit.;)

ive been diagnosed with raynauds. i run with gore windproof gloves (£15 ish) and they are pretty good. wearing liner gloves as well also helps. i was told heated gloves/handwarmers are gimmicky but ive never used them.
it's no fun.

I have that! Prevention is best. Make sure you are well wrapped up before you start running. I wear ski gloves when it's bitterly cold as they keep the wind and wet out too. It's best to have too many layers and strip a layer if you get too hot, than be cold and take ages to thaw out! Wear a hat too. It's surprising what a difference a hat makes.

You can get tablets off the doctor for it. They work by opening the blood vessels more to improve your circulation. Unfortunately for me, they worked in my hands, but also in my head and I ended up with warm hands but chronic tension headaches :oops: Might be worth a try though as that might not happen to you.

I'm starting to get knee pain in the front of the cap. Bit of a dull pain during the run then just aches after the run. Had a look around and seems to be patellofemoral pain syndrome.

It reccomends wearing a knee strap, anyone have any reccomendations for any? I have a mueller strap for runners knee will this work the same?
It also reccomends orthotics, where would you go to get correct ones?

I'm starting to get knee pain in the front of the cap. Bit of a dull pain during the run then just aches after the run. Had a look around and seems to be patellofemoral pain syndrome.

It reccomends wearing a knee strap, anyone have any reccomendations for any? I have a mueller strap for runners knee will this work the same?

a podiatrist. the off the shelf ones are crap - spend the money and get them made.... assuming you need them.

a podiatrist. the off the shelf ones are crap - spend the money and get them made.... assuming you need them.

Cheers, do you have to get sent to one from your GP or can you get an appointment direct?

Edit: I have answered my own question. Found Newcastle Sports injury clinic. How much we talking if I did need to get them made?

nice 6:2 miler upto tynemouth & back to whitley so thats 12:3 miles since boxing day time for a few tipples ,might numb me knee ache!

15 miler around richmond and catterick. 46 miles over christmas week. total miles for the year 1600 as against 2000 target. still happy with that.

For orthotics try. The performance clinic at newcastle mate , they will diagnose you and if you need them then will be specially made, cost bout £120 mind[DOUBLEPOST=1388416697][/DOUBLEPOST]On the running front, I'm still in "rehab " but was allowed t run for 30 mins today, on grass, clocked 4.4mile and was gurning for most of it !

took mutley out & completed 3k in 15mins that was enough in that wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back