Running Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along the last mile and a half of the gnr route, use my watch to measure the distance

What speed are them 1.5ks at mate, I'm pretty sure you run around the same speed as me reading previous post and I will eventually be upping my speed training, a little help on what speed you run them at will give me a aim, realistic our not its nice to have a idea

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/257381113 not dure if that loads up but that was this mornings run

tried to hold decent 5k pace (4:15 / km ish) but fell away to 4:30 / km on the last 2 loops. I don't know if you know the route but it starts at saltgrass and goes upto alex bridge and around to bq - 500m ish recovery jog back to salty and off again.

tried to hold decent 5k pace (4:15 / km ish) but fell away to 4:30 / km on the last 2 loops. I don't know if you know the route but it starts at saltgrass and goes upto alex bridge and around to bq - 500m ish recovery jog back to salty and off again.

The bank is steeper than you expect like, I was there Monday, ran down past b and q, to the salt grass then up too the queen Alex bridge..

Went for my first run in 2 months tonight. Fairly pleased, tried out my new (actually I bought it about 6 weeks ago but I'm a lazy bugger) GPS watch, even had the heart rate monitor on, the lot. Anyway 3.84 miles in 28.57 was the verdict. I'll take that for my first run out. Gonna maybe do a cheeky 5 miler tomorrow to earn my couple of pints at Bolton!

Got a bit of a tight hamstring, but going to try a gentle 5k jog to get the paper.

3rd 5k of 2013, starting to feel stronger but still 2 mins or so off what i like to run.

First run since a bout of flu over Christmas, a very steady 2 miles as legs were aching and nearly coughed up a lung, but felt better for it.

4.5 slow miles this morning, proper doing my head in I have no speed our stamina at the moment just got to keep running and it will come back, I HOPE

4.5 slow miles this morning, proper doing my head in I have no speed our stamina at the moment just got to keep running and it will come back, I HOPE

Come back?? :lol:

How long did that take you mate? Bet you miss a good old 2.4km best effort around Imphal Barracks !!

Last edited:
Come back?? :lol:

How long did that take you mate?

38mins danny, i was cracking 43min 10ks out last year, went a bit off the rails and smoked for 6 month it has fecked me up, no tabs this year so eventually it will speed up, should be able to kick at 50min 10k before end of the month

38mins danny, i was cracking 43min 10ks out last year, went a bit off the rails and smoked for 6 month it has fecked me up, no tabs this year so eventually it will speed up, should be able to kick at 50min 10k before end of the month

7min miles for 10k is shifting like.

7min miles for 10k is shifting like.

i mate i can get meself canny fit when i get going, them 2.4ks around imphal were one of the easiest mile and a halfs i ever did in the army, nice and flat, i di a mile and a half before xmas before i had a shoulder op and done it in 9mins 30 and that included falling over outside the dog track:lol:, were u stationed now m8 next time your home i will meet up with you for a run and a catch up, you still playing football? aint kicked a ball for over a year due to fracturing my shoulder(chasing a player back of all things)

i mate i can get meself canny fit when i get going, them 2.4ks around imphal were one of the easiest mile and a halfs i ever did in the army, nice and flat, i di a mile and a half before xmas before i had a shoulder op and done it in 9mins 30 and that included falling over outside the dog track:lol:, were u stationed now m8 next time your home i will meet up with you for a run and a catch up, you still playing football? aint kicked a ball for over a year due to fracturing my shoulder(chasing a player back of all things)

Down in Milton Keynes mate.

Still playing footy, next games not til 17th jan, looking forward to it,I was suspended for the whole of dec so I'm desperate for a game !

Can't believe you were tracking back :eek:

Down in Milton Keynes mate.

Still playing footy, next games not til 17th jan, looking forward to it,I was suspended for the whole of dec so I'm desperate for a game !

Can't believe you were tracking back :eek:

tell me about it i wont be doing that again, not sure if i will play again as misses is due in march so think i will stick to the running and gym

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back