Running Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
mid 40's for me and started running last year - bet you've been running 20yrs more than me!! outside parkrun ive only ever done 3 races:oops: Put that right this year though.

51 years old.
i've run 76 races since 2006. i list them (along with training logs) on www.fetcheveryone.com which is pretty good to use. it's got a race search too.
just getting interested in fell racing which is demented. it's a real shock to the system as typically i'll finish within top 25% of a road race but on the fells i'm near the back behind a lot of old,grizzled blokes. it's good winter stamina training though and helps make the road stuff easier.

Sub-19 mins for Parkrun/5k (currently 19.25)
Sub 3hrs 20 for marathon (will do 2 this year) (done one before - 3hrs 30)
I'm also going to do some track races this summer - 200m to 3000m.

4.5 mile this morning, few days back into it and felt a lot stronger today, still only 8.07 average pace but I'm sure speed will return in the next few month

Snake lane 10 miler in Feb the half marathon at Sunderland in April......

Pulled my hamstring this mornong doing a 10k, only managed 7.3, really gutted as I have a 10k race on the 20th.

just done my first 5k of 2013.. first run since boxing day and my legs were like jelly, could smell Jamsons an'arl :lol:

Just done my 1st 4 mile of '13...

Was friggin hard...

Aiming to shift the last 18lbs for Easter... Then i'll be at my fighting weight and back in the size 32 pants ;)

i know a few people doing the hardmoors series - i think the 30 is today somewhere near whitby i think.

Aaaah i was down Robin Hoods Bay on NYD, seen a few trail type runners. Was wondering what they were doing. Must admit like a lot of them didnt look like 30 milers!!

Took up running a few months ago aged 59. Did my first race on NYD - Morpeth 11k. Was chuffed to finish it in 59 mins 3 secs.

I'd like to get my 5k/10k PB down to 25min and 55mins respectively and get my 50 park run t-shirt :)

I'm also going to try a sprint triathlon, I like the look of the SunCityTri duathlon in April - 5k run, 18k bike ride then another 5k run.

Is it possible to get a mod to remove the "2012" from the title and perhaps replace it with "part 1"

I'd like to get my 5k/10k PB down to 25min and 55mins respectively and get my 50 park run t-shirt :)

I'm also going to try a sprint triathlon, I like the look of the SunCityTri duathlon in April - 5k run, 18k bike ride then another 5k run.

Is it possible to get a mod to remove the "2012" from the title and perhaps replace it with "part 1"
I'll have a lk at that duathlon, fancy doin that

6x400meters sprint 6 x400 meters walk/jog this morning, took 28 mins and I was nearly spewing, going to do the once a week to try gain some speed, attempt to add a extra spring each week up to 12 then change to 600meter sprints

6x400meters sprint 6 x400 meters walk/jog this morning, took 28 mins and I was nearly spewing, going to do the once a week to try gain some speed, attempt to add a extra spring each week up to 12 then change to 600meter sprints

where you doing this?

Done first run (indeed, first exercise at all) since the GNR today, 2 mile jog in and around my estate.

I'm pretty sure that I'm dead

4 x 1.5km efforts last night around deptford. That bank upto the alex bridge is a killer!!

7-8 mile easy tonight will round off the week at 35miles. Nice start to the year....i hope i can keep it up.

where you doing this?

Along the last mile and a half of the gnr route, use my watch to measure the distance

4 x 1.5km efforts last night around deptford. That bank upto the alex bridge is a killer!!

7-8 mile easy tonight will round off the week at 35miles. Nice start to the year....i hope i can keep it up.

What speed are them 1.5ks at mate, I'm pretty sure you run around the same speed as me reading previous post and I will eventually be upping my speed training, a little help on what speed you run them at will give me a aim, realistic our not its nice to have a idea

Along the last mile and a half of the gnr route, use my watch to measure the distance

What speed are them 1.5ks at mate, I'm pretty sure you run around the same speed as me reading previous post and I will eventually be upping my speed training, a little help on what speed you run them at will give me a aim, realistic our not its nice to have a idea

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/257381113 not dure if that loads up but that was this mornings run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back