Running Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another soggy run this morning, but went a bit further and did 3.73 miles in 49 mins.

First mile or so was a struggle, but then I got into it and was really enjoying it. Went up on the C2C railway line and back down the lane from High Urpeth to Ouston. Both had loads of water standing on them, so we had to paddle in places :neutral:

Only got to 18 miles today instead of 22 I had targeted. Still felt run from yesterday in my legs a bit and to be honest started too hard.

Was through 14 miles in 1:43 but then hit the wall at 15 miles to end up with 18 miles in about 2:19.

Feet up for the rest of the day and tomorrow off, then one more week of hard training. Will have to do the 22 next weekend intead now.

Just done my fasted 10k in 58m 15s. I want to get that down to 50m for the Great North 10k in July.

did 5.6 miles in 41 mins last night on a slightly hilly route which i'm pretty pleased with as it's a 5 min improvement on when i started running a few weeks back. but then i went out with my dad for our regular few pints on a monday - rewarding my hard work or wasting the efforts? hhhmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
same circuit as the other day, 5.6 miles although took it a little easier in 43 mins. had a few pains in left hip/ankle - reckon it might be 'cos i always run the lap counter clockwise so i'm almost always turning left. anyone had this problem? or is it just my daft theory...

4x200m, 2x400m, 1x800m, 1x400m, 2x200m tonight. Calves felt great. Volunteering at Parkrun on Sat, otherwise sub-20 was mine!

This is probably a stupid question, but how do yous tell how far you've ran? Google maps? or is there a piece of kit that measures distance while running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back