Running Shoes

Been getting some blisters in mine and only doing 4 mile. Also getting numb feet especially in my left as approaching 4 mile.
Did the brooks online assessment and got a few results. Just went onto amazon and got them for £70

Been getting some blisters in mine and only doing 4 mile. Also getting numb feet especially in my left as approaching 4 mile.
Did the brooks online assessment and got a few results. Just went onto amazon and got them for £70

Check your laces, your feet swell up as you run. You could also try rubbing a bit of vaseline on the problem areas & are you wearing moisture wicking socks?

I'm wondering if someone with a lot more knowledge than me can help give some advice. I'm embarrassed to say this, but I've only ever owned two pairs of running shoes - the current pair lasting five years :oops: .

The pair I've got are disintegrated but I've been nervous to change them because I've never had any major injury, though in the past few weeks I've started to get knee pain and I'm rolling my ankles more.

Ideally I want something that is an all-rounder, ok on pavements and trails, with not too much padding - I like feeling the ground.

I used the Brooks shoe finder tool helpfully shared on here and it's suggested a pair of PureGrit 8s. However, reading some reviews the 7s have better ankle and heel support - at the moment I'm rolling my ankles almost every run, it doesn't hurt but it's awkward and dangerous.

So, I'm trying choose between the 7s and 8s!

For a laugh, this is my pair now:

I'm wondering if someone with a lot more knowledge than me can help give some advice. I'm embarrassed to say this, but I've only ever owned two pairs of running shoes - the current pair lasting five years :oops: .

The pair I've got are disintegrated but I've been nervous to change them because I've never had any major injury, though in the past few weeks I've started to get knee pain and I'm rolling my ankles more.

Ideally I want something that is an all-rounder, ok on pavements and trails, with not too much padding - I like feeling the ground.

I used the Brooks shoe finder tool helpfully shared on here and it's suggested a pair of PureGrit 8s. However, reading some reviews the 7s have better ankle and heel support - at the moment I'm rolling my ankles almost every run, it doesn't hurt but it's awkward and dangerous.

Are you looking for a road shoe that can cope with a bit of trail or a trail shoe that can cope with a bit of road?

Trail that can cope with some road - the 10k route I do is about 50/50, with the train being a mix of hard ground and grass, but if I go for a longer or shorter run it's more trail than road.

I asked the same question a couple of months ago & tried quite a few different pairs but I was looking at the opposite bias. I went with Inov8 Roclites in the end but I think particularly with you saying you're rolling your ankles the ones that might suit you best are Nike Wildhorse or Asics Fujitrabucos as they're designed for stability.

I asked the same question a couple of months ago & tried quite a few different pairs but I was looking at the opposite bias. I went with Inov8 Roclites in the end but I think particularly with you saying you're rolling your ankles the ones that might suit you best are Nike Wildhorse or Asics Fujitrabucos as they're designed for stability.

Thank you, will add them to the list!

Did you bang that 10k PB out in those?!

Back