runners

• Thread starter Kubicki's right boot
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
op don't buy those adidas kanadia's unless you intend to run off road. i've got a pair for offroad runs. go to proper running shop and speak to someonewho knows their neutral running shoe from their over pronating shoe.

op don't buy those adidas kanadia's unless you intend to run off road. i've got a pair for offroad runs. go to proper running shop and speak to someonewho knows their neutral running shoe from their over pronating shoe.

too late mate, already got them, seem ok on the road, plenty of cushioning.

You need to have a gait test at a running shop.

Otherwise you might injure yourself and set yourself back a few months.

Start Fitness were great when I got mine.
I've just started out as well and not enjoying it but the OP might want to consider some of the following.
Running app for your smartphone like edmondo. Great for tracking progress.Gloves. Just thin ones to take the wind chill off. Proper running socks to avoid blisters. Running tights. Look like a twat but seem to work. I look like a git big sweaty mess after 2 mins anyway so I don't care what I look like.

there is (or at least was) a shop called sweatshop in the metrocentre who put you on a treadmill to see how you run and recommend trainers based on that. Other than that headphones with plastic clips that go behind your ears so don't fall out and an smartphone thingy. (For music and RunKeeper http://runkeeper.com/)

sign up for the free 5k park run on a sat morning up at silky. give you something to aim for every week or so. plenty of beginners go as it caters for all ages an ability levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back