(Rumour Mill) Viv Solomon-Otabor

Bali has done nothing at all to justify the price we got for him. So far to me it looks like good business.

I'm totally against selling our best kids, but people need to realise that they're not all superstars and very few of them if any will amount to anything more than a league one player anyway
Mumba would have played regularly in the centre of midfield under Johnson I'd bet

So did Scowen and he's shit
But a 19 year old who is holding his own playing regularly in a league one central midfield gets a new contract - and inevitably gets linked to teams higher up the pyramid for more than we actually managed to get. Mumba was capable of that IMO. I reckon he'd have done better than most of our other options. A combination of the dreadful Donald era and Parky's lack of interest in the lad saw him go the distance. Old ground as you say but I'd rather have had Mumba here than the money they got for him - particularly when you see what they used it on.

But a 19 year old who is holding his own playing regularly in a league one central midfield gets a new contract - and inevitably gets linked to teams higher up the pyramid for more than we actually managed to get. Mumba was capable of that IMO. I reckon he'd have done better than most of our other options. A combination of the dreadful Donald era and Parky's lack of interest in the lad saw him go the distance. Old ground as you say but I'd rather have had Mumba here than the money they got for him - particularly when you see what they used it on.
I agree I'd have rather he had stayed and got game time, but so far there has been nothing to suggest he'd have made any difference or even been that good.

I agree I'd have rather he had stayed and got game time, but so far there has been nothing to suggest he'd have made any difference or even been that good.
I think injury and playing at a higher level mitigates for his lack of impact. He's a 19 year old who is a good squad player for a team who just blitzed the championship. He's shown flashes for the best team (by far) in the level above the one we're at. Add that to what he showed in league one for SAFC - despite the fact he was swamped by unnecessary transfer business in the Ross era and completely ignored by Parky - and I'd bet he'd have made a decent impact for us. I'd rather we'd given minutes to him over virtually all the alternatives we brought in over the past 3 seasons tbh. Truth is, for all the talk of how difficult a recruitment job the Donald regime had, they had four solid league one central midfield options at the club on day one. We'd have been better off as a club if they'd done nowt in that area.

Of course he was ,he should have held back
The lad with the ball was one on one with the keeper man, he should have just smashed it in the daft get. He was the one that played it to the lad when he had an opportunity to score.
Mumba would have played regularly in the centre of midfield under Johnson I'd bet
Or even right back. He'll probably be loaned out next season.

Last edited:
No not at all. Bali can still improve too but he has an awful long way to go before proving he's a professional/league standard player, and a high one at that. One year on and I'm still right in that regard - very few minutes and he wasn't trusted to feature in end of season dead rubbers. So when you're offered the those sums of money, it makes no sense to turn it down. If we hadn't have received those funds we might not have been able to finance the Sanderson deal or the January investment. Let's be real, all Football League clubs have to sell and we can't keep our players forever in the hope that they may come good.
Can't keep our players forever c'mon man. He signed the 2 year deal the club presented to him based on his playing ability. 12 months later we decide to sell him to keep the lights on. He was injured towards the end of the season you know that but decide to tell lies to embellish your story
You will also see that I completely disagreed with that and find out totally irrelevant as the clowns who took that philosophy are no longer in charge, so what's the point in getting wound up about it.
Not getting wound up merely disagreeing

Last edited:
Seems a bit reductive to single out that one mistake as the entire reason you didn’t go up. Our lot have a tendency to do that too. Wyke in the play off semi is a good example, he scored a few minutes later basically cancelling out the missed chance and his missed sitter is still apparently the reason we didn’t get promoted.

Back