(Rumour Mill) Viv Solomon-Otabor

No not at all. Bali can still improve too but he has an awful long way to go before proving he's a professional/league standard player, and a high one at that. One year on and I'm still right in that regard - very few minutes and he wasn't trusted to feature in end of season dead rubbers. So when you're offered the those sums of money, it makes no sense to turn it down. If we hadn't have received those funds we might not have been able to finance the Sanderson deal or the January investment. Let's be real, all Football League clubs have to sell and we can't keep our players forever in the hope that they may come good.
Here we go. Sell our best kids so we can loan others for cash is the weirdest policy I’ve ever known anyone support.

Here we go. Sell our best kids so we can loan others for cash is the weirdest policy I’ve ever known anyone support.
Bali has done nothing at all to justify the price we got for him. So far to me it looks like good business.

I'm totally against selling our best kids, but people need to realise that they're not all superstars and very few of them if any will amount to anything more than a league one player anyway

Bali has done nothing at all to justify the price we got for him. So far to me it looks like good business.

I'm totally against selling our best kids, but people need to realise that they're not all superstars and very few of them if any will amount to anything more than a league one player anyway
Yet, but he has a decent pedigree and has time left. If we were buying other you v players fair do but in reality we spent it on Graham’s salary and a loan we no longer have. That isn’t a good strategy.

Yet, but he has a decent pedigree and has time left. If we were buying other you v players fair do but in reality we spent it on Graham’s salary and a loan we no longer have. That isn’t a good strategy.
We all know Donald didn't have a clue how to run the club and got pretty much everything wrong.

I'm just not sure why people are still going over his decisions, they're in the past and I'm pretty sure it won't be happening again.

No not at all. Bali can still improve too but he has an awful long way to go before proving he's a professional/league standard player, and a high one at that. One year on and I'm still right in that regard - very few minutes and he wasn't trusted to feature in end of season dead rubbers. So when you're offered the those sums of money, it makes no sense to turn it down. If we hadn't have received those funds we might not have been able to finance the Sanderson deal or the January investment. Let's be real, all Football League clubs have to sell and we can't keep our players forever in the hope that they may come good.
So what you are saying is selling Mumba for a measly amount alowed us to sign some dross and get a lad in on loan, thus we are in the exact same position as we did before we sold him, in league 1.

That's a false economy

You do realise Bali Mumba is the same age as Dan Neil. The beginning of last season he was in theory fresh out of the u18s.

I'd say it's very poor business selling a lad with very good potential to be much better than L1 level for £300k

Last edited:

Aye but we’re using the money to either keep the lights on or buy players who are nivver gonna be more than L1 players anarl.

Aye but we’re using the money to either keep the lights on or buy players who are nivver gonna be more than L1 players anarl.
You will also see that I completely disagreed with that and find out totally irrelevant as the clowns who took that philosophy are no longer in charge, so what's the point in getting wound up about it.

You will also see that I completely disagreed with that and find out totally irrelevant as the clowns who took that philosophy are no longer in charge, so what's the point in getting wound up about it.
As long as the same few posters keep trying to rewrite the history this topic will keep rumbling on. Agree mind, would be nice to just look forward

Yea but........

The very fact that they were in the same vicinity means 25-year-old Viv has boundless potential meaning he will be better than Gray.

Logon or register to see this image

Easy this.

I can't remember someone being proven so wrong, so often in such a short space of time.

Never wavers though.
He was an advocate of signing that scouse convicted wife beating full back anarl.

Mumba will be loaned to a league one team this season imo, let’s see how he does then. I don’t think the lad will make it, but that’s just me.

Bali will be a championship regular imo. Only kept out of the team by a right back who's being linked with Bayern Munich for context. Look at Norwich's track record with their recruitment, they are no mugs.

Mumba will be loaned to a league one team this season imo, let’s see how he does then. I don’t think the lad will make it, but that’s just me.

That's fair enough but the issue here is that someone supposedly involved has a strong opinion that differs from Stuart Webber and can't see that as a problem.

What we have done is sell a group of kids that have the potential to be worth more than the last two owners paid for the club for under half a million pounds. To suggest that is good business because we can bring in a couple of journeymen and a loan is fundamentally flawed and it's the fans that pay the price for it.

For far less than the price of one year of McGeady, we could have had a team next season full of homegrown players with bags of potential.

For less than what we paid Grant for one season, the same.

It's beyond backwards.

That's fair enough but the issue here is that someone supposedly involved has a strong opinion that differs from Stuart Webber and can't see that as a problem.

What we have done is sell a group of kids that have the potential to be worth more than the last two owners paid for the club for under half a million pounds. To suggest that is good business because we can bring in a couple of journeymen and a loan is fundamentally flawed and it's the fans that pay the price for it.

For far less than the price of one year of McGeady, we could have had a team next season full of homegrown players with bags of potential.

For less than what we paid Grant for one season, the same.

It's beyond backwards.
For a wum you don’t half post a lot of sense :lol: Stop it ;)

Back