(Rumour Mill) Viv Solomon-Otabor

Chelsea did, aye. Mourinho didn't. Not that it really matters. Just don't see the point in making things up.

I didn't make anything up. I got a couple of players mixed up. Scolari signed Deco I see, so another example of a manager at the top level signing a player they knew before. Ferreira, Carvalho, Hilario, Maniche - lots for Mourinho.

His InStat rating average from 2018-2019 is 221. For example, Jamal Lowe's was 228, Gooch's was 237 (18,19 & 20 seasons), Wilks (19, 20 seasons) 230. So this might add a data perspective to it.

Unfortunately, I don't have this season's InStat data file - would be keen to see how he scores during his time at Wigan
Was in the top 10 players with most one on one's (taking on defenders) whilst missing a large section due to injured

His InStat rating average from 2018-2019 is 221. For example, Jamal Lowe's was 228, Gooch's was 237 (18,19 & 20 seasons), Wilks (19, 20 seasons) 230. So this might add a data perspective to it.

Unfortunately, I don't have this season's InStat data file - would be keen to see how he scores during his time at Wigan
That Gooch sounds canny, sign him up! ;)

I didn't make anything up. I got a couple of players mixed up. Scolari signed Deco I see, so another example of a manager at the top level signing a player they knew before. Ferreira, Carvalho, Hilario, Maniche - lots for Mourinho.

Yeah loads of managers do it. Nobody has disputed it. Moyes got us relegated by doing it.

Almost as if signing champions league winners will improve your side (although some of them still bombed) isn't it?

He fits an actual game plan too, which again is something the club hasn't had in a while. Hopefully the first piece of the puzzle for a high-energy/high press attacking football, similar to what we saw vs. Lincoln in the semi. If Blackpool are keen, his metrics from last season must be decent
Nah. Just the clubs new jobs for the boys program apparently. If you know a player you’re not allowed to analyze the data on them.

Everyone knows about them players man they won the champions league everyone was in for them

The recruitment side wasn't set up in January that's why they had to rely on players they knew, I don't think I'd be far off in saying we basically had zero set up.
Not officially aye but will have had access to a other data services and a canny few were saying he had a high pass forward completion % for league two.

I'm obviously not saying he's as good as those players but just adding some background for people who might not know who he is. It's helps understand the level of his talent, and how that might be realised in the right environment. The point is that Birmingham have always known what they're doing when it comes to young lads, and if they were prepared to invest in VSO as player then that's good enough for me.
Yes, they got 4 in 14 years according to the write up about the DOF

I would say their policy was mainly picking up Championship players deemed not good enough in the Championship and brought them here in the vague hope that they'd be good enough because they'd been playing in a higher league (poorly) so forgive me if I'm not convinced by a player who was deemed not good enough by Portsmouth a club in the same league with similar ambitions.
no no..the players signed from the championship had been good in this league...grigg...john mac...max power...conor mclaughlin...flanagan.. reece james all won promotion from this league not to many seasons before signing for us..they were, in fact, among the players that would empirically be called "among the pick of league one players" but thats the problem..they were bought at the absolute peak of their value and so only declined since..except for john mac..and even he snt tearing any trees up where he is now

no no..the players signed from the championship had been good in this league...grigg...john mac...max power...conor mclaughlin...flanagan.. reece james all won promotion from this league not to many seasons before signing for us..they were, in fact, among the players that would empirically be called "among the pick of league one players" but thats the problem..they were bought at the absolute peak of their value and so only declined since..except for john mac..and even he snt tearing any trees up where he is now
..see you've got your spelling tin out tonight. Strange.

Back