(Rumour Mill) Viv Solomon-Otabor

Have a sneaky feeling he will turn out to be a good signing if we get him. Liked the look of him on the few occasions I have seen him. Finally going after pace, good to see.
He’s predominantly left sided, strong and quick. If McGeady signs he’ll be a decent alternative and seems to have the attributes to improve. Not exactly exciting but not dissatisfied either. On the right side think we need someone more guaranteed to be first choice with Diamond as competition.

It’s mental the coincidence that these players topping the ‘data’ are also known to our staff from previous clubs. Winchester/Johnson (Oldham), VSO/Speakman (Brum).

Didn’t see much of Wigan last year and don’t watch the Bulgarian first league so not sure what he’s like as a player. Might still be decent so not knocking the lad.

Cult Hero Aiden O’Brien iirc
May of signed him based on data for Birmingham

He’s predominantly left sided, strong and quick. If McGeady signs he’ll be a decent alternative and seems to have the attributes to improve. Not exactly exciting but not dissatisfied either. On the right side think we need someone more guaranteed to be first choice with Diamond as competition.
I know LJ (early on) said he thought Gooch would be good through the middle. McGeady May be moved there also as it’s less about speed/stamina and he’s 35. Will be good to be able to move players around those positions and make us less predictable tbh.

Owen Dale for the right?

I know LJ (early on) said he thought Gooch would be good through the middle. McGeady May be moved there also as it’s less about speed/stamina and he’s 35. Will be good to be able to move players around those positions and make us less predictable tbh.

Owen Dale for the right?
I’d be pretty happy with a front three of McGeady, Stewart and Dale with Gooch in the 10/advanced midfield spot.

It’s mental the coincidence that these players topping the ‘data’ are also known to our staff from previous clubs. Winchester/Johnson (Oldham), VSO/Speakman (Brum).

Didn’t see much of Wigan last year and don’t watch the Bulgarian first league so not sure what he’s like as a player. Might still be decent so not knocking the lad.

Cult Hero Aiden O’Brien iirc
The recruitment side wasn't set up in January that's why they had to rely on players they knew, I don't think I'd be far off in saying we basically had zero set up.

I don't think anyone expects or is demanding this but it's not too much to ask for players who look like they have the potential to make those step ups. The 2 Doncaster have just signed look like exciting prospects, Dale at Crewe, Fraser at MK Dons, Atkinson at Oxford. There are players out there, yes we'd have to show a bit of ambition to get them but we have a billionaire owner. I'm not saying buy overpriced players on hefty contracts I'm saying speculate to accumulate on the best talent in league one & 2.
sigh..the whole point of the owners aporoach is to sign hidden gems..not well known players whose value is already well known..making them not speculative assets but not underpriced ones either..if kld sticks to the approach he has promised...it will mostly mean signing players we have never heard of..and often whose headline statsare not inspiring..thats the whole point...the previous owners spent lots on well knownplayers from this division..it didt work

sigh..the whole point of the owners aporoach is to sign hidden gems..not well known players whose value is already well known..making them not speculative assets but not underpriced ones either..if kld sticks to the approach he has promised...it will mostly mean signing players we have never heard of..and often whose headline statsare not inspiring..thats the whole point...the previous owners spent lots on well knownplayers from this division..it didt work
I dont often agree with you on here but this is exactly what supporters need to get their heads round.

I’m not saying it will be, just saying it’s possible.

I know what you mean like, it is a strange coincidence but he’s been linked with Blackburn as well which also makes sense.

Suppose we’ll see, we might not even sign him.

Yeah cant possibly comment on this lad, no idea, fingers crossed and hope he does well

I just find signing players because you know them incredibly short sighted and lazy and it often doesnt work out

lets hope this lad proves that theory to be bollocks

Yeah cant possibly comment on this lad, no idea, fingers crossed and hope he does well

I just find signing players because you know them incredibly short sighted and lazy and it often doesnt work out

lets hope this lad proves that theory to be bollocks
He’s been linked with blackburn anarl, we took their head of recruitment that could be it

We seem to be linked with a lot of the same players

I’d be pretty happy with a front three of McGeady, Stewart and Dale with Gooch in the 10/advanced midfield spot.
Same. Though we more competition for the left side. I like Gooch in that role. We get the best out of his workrate competitiveness and running off the ball and he can score goals.

May of signed him based on data for Birmingham

He made his debut as a teenager for Birmingham, which puts him in the same bracket as the likes of Nathan Redmond, Jack Butland, Demarai Gray and Jude Bellingham over the past decade. Derby were also linked with him a couple of years ago when they were pushing for the Premier League. He'd certainly be a very strong addition for this level.

He made his debut as a teenager for Birmingham, which puts him in the same bracket as the likes of Nathan Redmond, Jack Butland, Demarai Gray and Jude Bellingham over the past decade. Derby were also linked with him a couple of years ago when they were pushing for the Premier League. He'd certainly be a very strong addition for this level.
Why do you always have to over do it man :lol: He might be a good signing, but off you go again

This is the sort of signing we should get used to- headline stats not brilliant but has the attributes needed to improve. With good recruitment you get a championship quality side at league one prices but it is entirely dependent on getting recruitment bang on at least 2/3rds of time.
So stats are brilliant but w use a pin as well, then our staff take over, this is not floating my boat at all, something not right abut it.

Back