(Rumour Mill) Viv Solomon-Otabor

I assume he would have been at Birmingham when Speakman was.

this puts me off as a general rule, its all we ever seem to do, just sign players that our staff 'know'

Happens everytime, even with Winchester

lets hope this lad can be better than the others
If we do sign him and it’s backed by data, maybe we can get him to a level where his stats improve?

Brentford have a similar model and signed Benrahma on the basis that he was doing loads of things right, but the stuff he was doing wrong they felt was coachable.

Hell of a coincidence that he was at Brum when speakman was there, not sure you can say this is backed on data like.

this puts me off as a general rule, its all we ever seem to do, just sign players that our staff 'know'

Happens everytime, even with Winchester

lets hope this lad can be better than the others

Hell of a coincidence that he was at Brum when speakman was there, not sure you can say this is backed on data like.

I’m not saying it will be, just saying it’s possible.

I know what you mean like, it is a strange coincidence but he’s been linked with Blackburn as well which also makes sense.

Suppose we’ll see, we might not even sign him.

This is the type of signing we will be making. We are in league 1 are people forgetting this? We aren't going to be signing any premier League players and if we sign any championship players they are hardly going to be super stars.
There's no chance Sanderson will be signing for us for a start. I think people aren't going to like KLD's approach in the next few years

Last edited:
We aren't going to be signing any premier League players and if we sign any championship players they are hardly going to be super stars.
I don't think anyone expects or is demanding this but it's not too much to ask for players who look like they have the potential to make those step ups. The 2 Doncaster have just signed look like exciting prospects, Dale at Crewe, Fraser at MK Dons, Atkinson at Oxford. There are players out there, yes we'd have to show a bit of ambition to get them but we have a billionaire owner. I'm not saying buy overpriced players on hefty contracts I'm saying speculate to accumulate on the best talent in league one & 2.

Have a sneaky feeling he will turn out to be a good signing if we get him. Liked the look of him on the few occasions I have seen him. Finally going after pace, good to see.

I’ll let you guess who did exactly that

“O'Brien's a fantastic signing. He's got a lot to contribute this season”

“We're in a solid position for promotion this year. Phil has experience of promotion at this level and knows how to get results, given time. We have a very strong defence and I'm confident O'Brien, Grigg and Graham will have enough firepower to see us over the finishing line”

Plenty of other people said the same. Most fans will show a healthy amount of optimism ahead of a new season, regardless of who they sign.

Actually I do vaguely remember them not starting Jamaal Lowe. He must have been in instead.
He came in for Curtis and played on the left wing, from memory - Evans came in on the right wing for Lowe. Odd decision by Jackett, he got rid of our two best attacking wingers for the biggest game of the season.

I still haven't forgiven VSO for a stupid offside against Peterborough that ultimately ended our chance of going up in the regular season (about 1:30 into these highlights)

Back