(Rumour Mill) Viv Solomon-Otabor

He's a decent player with good pedigree and could flourish in the right environment. He's played for CSKA in Europe and made a Nigeria squad who have an abundant array of attacking talent, and he's still only just turned 25. One to be pleased about if it happens, but there's a lot of competition.
Well this confirms it for me, he's a player we should avoid.

He's a decent player with good pedigree and could flourish in the right environment. He's played for CSKA in Europe and made a Nigeria squad who have an abundant array of attacking talent, and he's still only just turned 25. One to be pleased about if it happens, but there's a lot of competition.
Let’s be clear, it’s CSKA Sofia (not Moscow) and he made a single Europa League appearance

For context, that’s the same number of Europa League appearances as Donald Love

Must be true. Tell me his good qualities seeing as you have said he’s a decent player?

Could be good - however, its possible to talk up Aidan O'Brien and he's an utter, utter dud. Let's hope our recruitment team is far better than the people who brought in O'Brien and Graham last summer.

Is it data driven or is it just someone Speakman liked from his time at Birmingham? Or media linking us because of Birmingham links.
I remember my Birmingham supporting mates being quite enthused by him when he burst on the scene. One lad in particular said he wasn't bothered about losing Demarai Gray cos Viv will be a better player, he obviously never pushed on and lived up to that.
Can't say I've noticed him at Wigan (didn’t even know he was there tbh) but kept an eye him when he was at Portsmouth because of what my friends had said about him some years earlier. He struggled to get on the pitch but when he did he was much like Diamond for us, fast, head down and get to the byline (unless you're stopped by any half decent left back). Not convinced he's what we need but happy to be proved wrong. Owen Dale plays the same position. That's the sort of signing that will excite fans (God knows we could do with a bit of that) this one though would be a bit meh
It’s mental the coincidence that these players topping the ‘data’ are also known to our staff from previous clubs. Winchester/Johnson (Oldham), VSO/Speakman (Brum).

Didn’t see much of Wigan last year and don’t watch the Bulgarian first league so not sure what he’s like as a player. Might still be decent so not knocking the lad.
Could be good - however, its possible to talk up Aidan O'Brien and he's an utter, utter dud. Let's hope our recruitment team is far better than the people who brought in O'Brien and Graham last summer.
Cult Hero Aiden O’Brien iirc

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll let you guess who did exactly that

“O'Brien's a fantastic signing. He's got a lot to contribute this season”

“We're in a solid position for promotion this year. Phil has experience of promotion at this level and knows how to get results, given time. We have a very strong defence and I'm confident O'Brien, Grigg and Graham will have enough firepower to see us over the finishing line”

It’s mental the coincidence that these players topping the ‘data’ are also known to our staff from previous clubs. Winchester/Johnson (Oldham), VSO/Speakman (Brum).

Didn’t see much of Wigan last year and don’t watch the Bulgarian first league so not sure what he’s like as a player. Might still be decent so not knocking the lad.

Cult Hero Aiden O’Brien iirc
Wigan fans seem to like him and want him to stay reading twitter. Mind they also love power and grigg so who knows 😂

“We're in a solid position for promotion this year. Phil has experience of promotion at this level and knows how to get results, given time. We have a very strong defence and I'm confident O'Brien, Grigg and Graham will have enough firepower to see us over the finishing line”
Fans favourite iirc

He started against us for Pompey in the play off Semi final. Genuinely have no memory of him.

Oh my word...that's close to the opposite to reality. We all get things wrong but that is a horrendous set of predictions.

Back