(Rumour Mill) Viv Solomon-Otabor

Yes but we’re looking for young fast strong skillful athletic and cheap players that no one else has heard of. Other clubs don’t want these…….
some players wont look like they have those atrributes from headline data...brentford didnt buy players everyone else wanted..others wanting a striker bought britt sombalonga and jordan rhodes..brentford bought ollie watkins a one in three striker from amuch lower level..they were right the others were wrong..

So, that is using stats to look for excuses, great.
No it's looking for hidden potential. His goal scoring stats per appearance weren't great, but he got limited chances because of how often Ross County thrown him out wide. His chance conversion rate was high out of the limited scoring opportunities he got. So we have looked at that and thought - if played in the right position (his preferred position) and his conversion rate continues - he'd be a really useful asset to us and will increase in value if he scores 20+ goals.

That's the sort of recruitment we are going for now instead of handing out short term deals to the Danny Grahams of the world. Surely no one can complain at the logic. Making it a success on the pitch is the hard part but fingers crossed it works

Do other teams not have access to his other stats like ? never heard so much shit in my life! are they secret stats only us can see ? are we pioneers of this system ? And have it patented
Well everyone has access to similar stats, if they build the infrastructure, but it’s people who have a good interpretation of the stats that’s important. Same as CV sifting at a job. That’s the start, then you want to know about them as a person, how they’ll fit in etc etc

Do other teams not have access to his other stats like ? never heard so much shit in my life! are they secret stats only us can see ? are we pioneers of this system ? And have it patented
I think it's more to do with matching it up with how you want to play.

You might see a left winger with loads of assists one season and think you fancy buying him. Then sign him and he gets no assists for you even though the data suggested he would.

It then transpires that the team he got assists in had him cutting inside onto his right and slipping through balls through to a nippy forward. You play with two big lads up top who want whipped crossed in. The winger has no left foot so keeps cutting in and not being able to play the game he's used to.

The data is all the same but it's about finding the margins where a player might fit in better with how you want to play, perhaps

were you the Millwall fan supplying me with drink that day lol? Fuck me I somehow ended up on my tod and drank with your lot til just before kick off, I was given can after can, was brilliant tbf. Brilliant fans Millwall imho
Thanks fella 🙋🏻‍♂️👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 May well have been with my crew - we stayed late drinking with a few of youz and I solo recall we bought more than we received 😂🍺🍻good health and happy dayz 👍

I think it's more to do with matching it up with how you want to play.

You might see a left winger with loads of assists one season and think you fancy buying him. Then sign him and he gets no assists for you even though the data suggested he would.

It then transpires that the team he got assists in had him cutting inside onto his right and slipping through balls through to a nippy forward. You play with two big lads up top who want whipped crossed in. The winger has no left foot so keeps cutting in and not being able to play the game he's used to.

The data is all the same but it's about finding the margins where a player might fit in better with how you want to play, perhaps
Spot on. Far too complicated for some on here to understand

Totally contradicts your theory on Bali Mumba

No not at all. Bali can still improve too but he has an awful long way to go before proving he's a professional/league standard player, and a high one at that. One year on and I'm still right in that regard - very few minutes and he wasn't trusted to feature in end of season dead rubbers. So when you're offered the those sums of money, it makes no sense to turn it down. If we hadn't have received those funds we might not have been able to finance the Sanderson deal or the January investment. Let's be real, all Football League clubs have to sell and we can't keep our players forever in the hope that they may come good.

Back