Rules Of Working Class Kids Footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracksuit Botham said:
walesie said:
Nee Onions Mate said:
riverzz said:
Eyeball Paul said:
By the way, did anyone use the rules "Backy In's" or "Mackees Tackees"?

no, but what about rush goalkeeper?

Backy In's and rush goalie were the same thing. I think.

3 pots and in....

was rush when the keeper could leave the area or was that fly keeper?

IIRC Rush meant that the keeper could leave the area (we still play that if numbers are short for 5-a-side) Fly keepers meant that anyone could handle in the area.

We used Rush as a designated keeper (who could come out on pitch) but Fly was "nearest to goal" became keeper in times of emergency. There was always some variation in the interpretation of that though - as far as I know, FIFA were not involved in any measuring regulations for who was nearest. :wink:

Definitely a gold thread.

Anyone else have these two words? Common in the C-le-S area.

Bleb - An area of the ball poking out of the leather casing, causing a swelling in the ball similar to a blister.

Full Ebbs - A declaration by the owner of the ball at the start of play. In the event of a lost ball, the player responsible for losing it must buy a new ball for the owner, but only if the Full Ebbs cry was heard. If Full Ebbs is not called, lost balls are not recompensed.

Oh and of course

The Allotment Shot - a strike on goal so woefully inaccurate and overhit that it fails to trouble the goalkeeper, instead requiring retrieval of the ball from the allotments at the bottom of the field.

I still talk of allotment shots when watching the matches today...

I'm crying here, thinking back to the halcyon days.
Rush keeper was when you could play outfield, but no handball.

To add two more peices of termanology.
1. Nappy Liners- strikers who never went out of the box or into a tackle
2. Weetabix- keepers who made a massive dive after the ball had gone in.(named after the advert!)

Phoenix said:
2. Weetabix- keepers who made a massive dive after the ball had gone in.(named after the advert!)

HAHAHahahahahahha

i remember that one

By the way, "Mackees Tackees" that i mentioned earlier was that the player who got hacked had to take the penna (or free kick if whithin shooting distance). No one else could.

None of my mates that i kick about with now have heard of this like.

Walking home yesterday tea time I cut across the playing fields by our house. The lads' football came over to me and I placed an exquisite left foot chip straight at the lads feet to return the ball. Nowt fancy, nowt flash. Now it has always been my fantasy when in this situation to drop me work bag, run at the 10 year olds with the ball at me feet, take it past a couple of them, knock some of the bigger lads down with my sheer pace and power, 'meg the last defender then side foot it past the keeper and in off the pile of jumpers. Unfortunately this has never happened and I always end up just doing the simple pass. Now I know how Paul Thirlwell must feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back