Rugby World Cup 2019

Definitely, if you look at football England usually struggle at latter stages of the tournament it’s got to be down to mentality and in rugby we’ve been to 4 World Cup finals and won 1, and that was a close one.

Same with the Cricket. Won it on their 4th attempt after losing 3 previous finals (1979, 1987, 1992), went as big favourites at lords and won by the smallest of margins. Needed a lot of luck too.

Massively disappointing, but as people have said before not totally unexpected.

SA were head and shoulders above us and our choices on the pitch were shocking, throwing passes directly in to touch or trying to pass through people is amateurish.

Did we have a plan B, too? I didn't notice one.

Let it go. We smashed Aus & NZ, smashed them! SA had a game plan, we failed to respond to that.It hurts, but that's sport.
No it isn't. You can be and have to be critical at wlite level. We lost that game. Why did we lose that game is the question that needs to be posed. Poor decision making is the answer. That team as you said beat nz and Australia. What did they do wrong that meant we lost to an ordinary Boks team. The scrum was terrible. We never got the ball past 10. We didn't kick for territory. When we did kick it was poor. Youngs threw the ball into touch twice. We knocked the ball on multiple times. When momentum turned we didn't keep the pressure on. Within 3 minutes of missing a field goal sa kicked theirs. From our mistakes. As I have been highlighting for about two years our rugby is poor. One out shite. Our midfield is rubbish. The best back we have starts on the bench.

We were amazing against nz but as a whole England rugby is boring and rubbish. We sont have a 9/10/12 combination at all. When did we last see farrel throw a dummy or chase his own up and under like pollard did? De klerk was a menace yesterday whilst Youngs was shit. Again.

So yes. You can be critical. Elite level sport means you have to be critical. Yesterday I was angry and emotional at the loss. Today I'm looking at the performance in the cold light of day and we were appalling. Collectively and individually.

No it isn't. You can be and have to be critical at wlite level. We lost that game. Why did we lose that game is the question that needs to be posed. Poor decision making is the answer. That team as you said beat nz and Australia. What did they do wrong that meant we lost to an ordinary Boks team. The scrum was terrible. We never got the ball past 10. We didn't kick for territory. When we did kick it was poor. Youngs threw the ball into touch twice. We knocked the ball on multiple times. When momentum turned we didn't keep the pressure on. Within 3 minutes of missing a field goal sa kicked theirs. From our mistakes. As I have been highlighting for about two years our rugby is poor. One out shite. Our midfield is rubbish. The best back we have starts on the bench.

We were amazing against nz but as a whole England rugby is boring and rubbish. We sont have a 9/10/12 combination at all. When did we last see farrel throw a dummy or chase his own up and under like pollard did? De klerk was a menace yesterday whilst Youngs was shit. Again.

So yes. You can be critical. Elite level sport means you have to be critical. Yesterday I was angry and emotional at the loss. Today I'm looking at the performance in the cold light of day and we were appalling. Collectively and individually.
The 20 minute delay won't have helped prep, expectation weighed heavily on some of them, Garces had a big influence (he was ripped up for arse paper in the Welsh press last week!) & that gets inside your head. I disagree that we are poor, we failed yesterday when we shouldn't have. I'm sure there's a major inquest going on & we are weak at 9.

Same with the 6 nations.

Went in with low expectations following a bad run. First game against a dominant Ireland in their own backyard and played them off the park and got a resounding victory. England are then hyped to death for the rest of the 6 nations, how Eddie Jones men are back, hand them the trophy now, the grand slam etc.

Then they lose to Wales and couldn't even beat Scotland at home.

Similar story in the WC. Some superb heights as you say, but there's always absolute stinker under Eddie Jones somewhere.

That's the reason why I didn't trust the bookies making England hot favourites. Beat Australia, beat New Zealand, but you know there's a bad game round the corner, and South Africa being written off as big underdogs was always going to be a disaster in the making.
Couldn’t have put it better.
The Scotland game was the most extreme example, it was ridiculous.

As gutting as it is we were done by a far better organised team who done their homework thoroughly on us.
We were not really on our game but that was likely more down to how the South Africans unsettled us.

I didn't really enjoy the game after half time and I'd almost resigned myself to the loss fairly early in that second half.
To think of all the mental energy I'd put into watching the England performances and loving it...and the excited anticipation for this final ending up like some anticlimax.
I felt deflated in one sense but in acceptance (like I said) early on in the second half that it wasn't to be. I just didn't have any faith that England could've notched up a gear.
SA defence was outstanding and it actually looked like we were slowly deflating as the game went on.

Never mind, it's over and done with and overall I've thoroughly enjoyed it.
I'm only a rugby fan when it comes to England.

Back